Discussion of Scotley's Pathfinder game (closed)

Leif

Adventurer
Interestingly, one of my two retro-AD&D 1E games has now just barely overtaken (in number of posts made) my 4E game that pre-dated it by a good bit. I'm having fun with both games, but the AD&D game is more traditional, being set in the City of Briarwood a/k/a City State of the Invincible Overlord, which I have located in the Flanaess's Hold of the Sea Princes. The 4E game bears little resemblance to anything I've ever tried to pull-off before, being a Feywild-centered, Plane-hopping Eladrin fest complete with steeds whose hooves don't touch the earth and who are capable of, to borrow a term from Roger Zelazny, "Shadow-Walking," my own variation of Celestial Chargers called Feywild Chargers, who are almost like the familiars of the PCs. (Except for [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION]'s ornery critter -- there's a bad seed in every crop, right? heh heh)

Rhun

First Post
You've got some good posters. Though the rate of the game may slow down...they always seem to start strong before slowing.

Lou

Explorer
We had a middle school boy bullied at a bus stop in my neighborhood this week. The school district responded by sending the principal home on the bus and had cops meet the bus at that stop.

This is the new anti-bullying video made by the students at my eldest daughter's high school. My daughter is in the Key Club group at 3:20, just before the first giant orange UNICEF box.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waAqJ6727Hk&sns=fb"]Video[/ame]

Scotley

Hero
Wow, that is pretty impressive. I'm amazed at the degree to which bullying and the fight against it has become such a focus. It seems to be everywhere these days. At age 7 my son already has learned an arsenal of anti-bully tactics at school.

Scotley

Hero
EN World Campaign Manager? So I got a notification today that the new Campaign manager features were now active at EN World. Anybody looked at them or planning to use them? Looks like for now about all you get is a links page and a journal. I would like to test it out using this game if I can find time. Unless anyone objects?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I got the notification as well, and can't make the stupid thing go away! Where's the specific spot within the CM that's generating the notification?

I've got too much time and effort into Obsidian Portal to make the switch - OP uses a different wiki markup, so it would be a LOT harder than cut & paste. Also, campaign management is all OP does, and they've got a great setup for it.

Leif

Adventurer
EN World Campaign Manager? So I got a notification today that the new Campaign manager features were now active at EN World. Anybody looked at them or planning to use them? Looks like for now about all you get is a links page and a journal. I would like to test it out using this game if I can find time. Unless anyone objects?

I got the notification as well, and can't make the stupid thing go away! Where's the specific spot within the CM that's generating the notification?

I've got too much time and effort into Obsidian Portal to make the switch - OP uses a different wiki markup, so it would be a LOT harder than cut & paste. Also, campaign management is all OP does, and they've got a great setup for it.

I saw it and checked it out some. Looks like what they did was rew-vamp the 'social groups' function to make it so all your former social groups now show up as 'campaigns' that you are in. You can get rid of the notice of new activity by dumping your memberships in old groups/new campaigns one by one until it stops. I had to leave/dump all but two of mine. I'm still a member of "CMG" and "Old Schoolers."

There really appears to be no new functionality here. The old "Blog" function did the exact same thing. I tried to use it some back then for Whirtlestaff's for awhile, but it never got any traction.

Last edited:

Remove ads