• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion! More Star Wars movies coming!

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
What are C-canon, T-canon, and G-canon?
Star Wars continuity has been separated into five different canon.

G has the six films and adaptations of the films to other forms (like novels).
T adds Clone Wars.
C is the established part of the Expanded Universe.
S includes EU stuff that has a lot of discrepancies.
N is totally non-canon.

Star Wars continuity has been separated into five different canon.

G has the six films and adaptations of the films to other forms (like novels).
T adds Clone Wars.
C is the established part of the Expanded Universe.
S includes EU stuff that has a lot of discrepancies.
N is totally non-canon.

Thanks. Do the letters themselves mean anything, or are they just random?

Thanks. Do the letters themselves mean anything, or are they just random?
They're also heirarchical. G-canon is the top level of canon. T-canon is just below it. C-canon is the EU, and can be trumped by anything in G-canon or T-canon.

Below C-canon is really stuff that's not worth considering canon at all, IMO.

G is for George (Lucas)
T is for TV.
C is for continuity canon, which is the majority of the EU stuff; novels, comics, video games, etc.
S is for secondary canon, or "barely" canon. Stuff that's considered non-canonical, but non-contradicting elements are still OK. A lot of this is older stuff from before canon was being organized and tracked, like the old Marvel comics line, or Splinter in the Mind's Eye.
N is for Not canon at all.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
That has an entire letter for itself: I

It's not clear if it stands for "ignominous" or "ignored"
It is also the perfect example of Lucas choosing to ignore something that he approved earlier.
If Lucas can choose to ignore any aspect of GFFA that he wants, so can we.

Stormonu

Legend
I'm more than nervous about this merger. I love the animated Clone Wars cartoon and find the Prequels* tolerable, but this looks like a marriage made in hell - Disney wants the money (greed) and Lucas is getting tired of overseeing Star Wars (apathy). I'm uneasy in the feeling we'll see it start turning out junk stories just to roll along the money machine.

* if you think the Prequels are bad, Star Wars has the biggest plot hole of them all - why the hell did the Princess go to Yavin if she suspected the Falcon was being tracked? I'd have told Solo to go to Dantooine or some other outer rim near-abandoned planet, paid him there and then taken another ship and Artoo (and Luke) to the rebel base - especially with his mercenary attitude.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads