Disney to reboot X-Files (Disney owns an insane amount of Fantasy/Sci Fi IP)

No, they need to get themselves a job at a movie studio and make them a reality!
Given that some pitched Sharknado.....someone may take it as a challenge and be like
challenge accepted training GIF

When the very thing that makes them fun becomes a danger because Yahoos (in the original sense) actually believe them so that our real world is impacted, yeah.

I think UFO conspiracy stuff, especially folks like David Grush or that Rear Admiral coming forward aren't Yahoo's, I mean that has been the game changer in how UFO's are being taken more seriously by Congress, these are serious, respected folks that get taken seriously.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Is it just me or just Disney own an insane amount of IP?

So they are rebooting X-Files. This caught me by surprise. I forgot they own it now.

IP owned by Disney

Marvel
Marvel's Imprints
Pirates of the Caribbean
Treasure Planet
Princess Settings (Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc...)
Star Wars
Alien
X-Files
Willow
Indiana Jones
Labyrinth
Atlantis
Herbie the Lovebug
Blackboard
Race to Witch Mountain
Tron
The Santa Clause
Planet of the Apes
Pixar Universe
Handmaiden's Tale
The Orville
Splash
Once Upon a Time
The Creator

Did I forget any? (of course I did).

Disney also owns Duck Dynasty the reality television series about a Louisiana based Duck Hunting company, as well as Bates Motel and Storage Wars. (they would all work for X-Files crossovers)

Then theres the Simpsons and American Dad, Home Alone, Camerons Avatar, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Omen and Die Hard. It also have a 16% stake in Vice Media

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think UFO conspiracy stuff, especially folks like David Grush or that Rear Admiral coming forward aren't Yahoo's, I mean that has been the game changer in how UFO's are being taken more seriously by Congress, these are serious, respected folks that get taken seriously.

Not a shred of actual evidence has been produced. Grush merely claimed to have, or have seen, evidence, but produced nothing other than hearsay. That's a red flag, to me, that he has no actual evidence. Testifying to Congress was a put-up or shut-up moment, and he failed at it.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. None has been presented.

I won't speak to Congress, because politics, other than to say that their taking something like this seriously is not a sign of lack of Yahoos.

Ryujin

Legend
Not a shred of actual evidence has been produced. Grush merely claimed to have, or have seen, evidence, but produced nothing other than hearsay. That's a red flag, to me, that he has no actual evidence. Testifying to Congress was a put-up or shut-up moment, and he failed at it.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. None has been presented.

I won't speak to Congress, because politics, other than to say that their taking something like this seriously is not a sign of lack of Yahoos.

As I recall he testified to second hand knowledge, which is no evidence at all.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Apart from the issue of the increasing real-life relevance of conspiracy theories (though you could totally do something with AI), I think the will-they-or-won't-they unresolved sexual tension between the leads, which was a huge part of the fandom (remember the GATB and DDEB?) wouldn't work now. Especially with Disney.

Remove ads