• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do not get the new patch!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm alive, but I can't get NWN to run - haven't been able to do so in days. It crashes before it gets to the initial menu.

Hopefully I'll get that sorted soon, because it's bugging me!

Asmo

First Post
A sign! :)
The Well and the Headstone is up and running again!
Jubilation!!
I´m looking forward to the upgrade.

Asmo

Greylock

First Post
Morrus said:
I'm alive, but I can't get NWN to run - haven't been able to do so in days. It crashes before it gets to the initial menu.

Hopefully I'll get that sorted soon, because it's bugging me!

Three possible solutions that should be in the Boiware FAQ:

1. Update your video driver.
2. Try downloading the 1.64 Critical Update Patch.
or 3. You may have a corrupted SaveGame File. Just delete it.

HTH

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My problem started when I updated to Windows XP SP 2. When I realised that a lot of people had NWN problems with SP2, I used the Windows XP roll-back feature to undo the update, and it worked fine once after that. However, since then, I haven't been able to get it working.

J-Buzz

First Post
Possiable solution?

You might make sure your personal firewall is turned off. Not talking about any third party firewall, but the one that comes with microsoft.

Look at your network connections, Look at the properties on your connection, and select the advanced tab.

I know service pack 2 enhances that, and it might have left it on. Just somthing to try. I know it turned it on on my machine.

valn

First Post
The first time I ran NWN after installing SP2, it asked me something like "do you want to allow this program through". I never had troubles after that. I don't think that the crashes I had were specifically caused by SP2 (i had some before that anyway).

Morrus, it seems to me like most PW servers have already patched to 1.64, even those using CEP, like Higher Ground (which also runs PoA). I don't think it would cause too much trouble. But of course, it's your call... And I'm biased because I miss the server. :)

mangamuscle

Explorer
I still think the best path is to update NWN to 1.64, then update to CEP 1.5 final (tomorrow is the scheduled release date) and then update to PrC 2.2b (scheduled soon). This way the server would feel "new and improved". Of course this is only my opinion :p

Remove ads