• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you allow humans in your campaign

Do you allow humans in your campaign

• Yes, humans are a part of epic fantasy

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No, Humans are, with a few exceptions, a cop-out for powergamers

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No, I hate all humans and part humans. I hope earthlings become extinct

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Maybe, but only if they have a very well written character

Votes: 8 18.2%

MythandLore

First Post
Humans gotto go.
Humans have no place in a fantasy game.
What was WotC think when they decided to put Humans in the game.
Besides if you look at there race powers, they're all uber-munchkin.
Extra feat, any favored class, and extra skill points, for goodness sake!
Why didn't they just call them lil'gods. ;)

birdboy2000

First Post
Personally, I find them unimaginative and it hampers the storyline. Raistlin is the only human who I have seen become a great character in epic fantasy. My party has a half-celestial(half-human), kender weretiger, dwarven werewolf, and elf. We all come up with much better character backgrounds then pure human characters ever have(Except for raistlin)

Last edited:

Grayswandir

Just a lurker
I loathe and despise all humans. I would be more than happy to see all humans die horrible deaths (excepting myself, of course) - so long as I could still somehow acquire food and the accoutrements of civilization. But enough about real life, this forum is about D&D.

I must admit that my campaign is very humanocentric. Elves do exist, off in a tiny corner of the continent, but their once-great empire fell centuries ago and the race has been on the decline ever since. Gnomes and halflings are around, but I don't believe the characters have ever encountered any. And they've only heard rumors about the dwarves, though that last may change soon.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I think about 90% of all PC's should be human. Humans are the most importnat part of a good campiagn. We are all humans, (I hope) These games are stories about ourselves. Other races may be reflections of parts of us, but humans, are us.

birdboy2000

First Post
As a panjyamon, I am offended by that statement. Surveys show that 20% of internet users are extraterestrials.
But back on topic, isn't part of roleplaying to be something else. I would never want to be human, and other races make for better plots.

Bass Puppet

First Post
No.

All my players play the Monsters and I (DM) play the Characters and I NEVER play a human. That race doesn't exsist in my world. We also play on the ceiling when we get board.

Psionicist

Explorer
This poll I like! :)

Yes, we play with humans. A very, verly large kid - i think he is 12 years old, 6'4 tall and weighs around 250 pounds - once said to his friend "there is no RPG without humans". I was nearby and heard that.

Humans are one of my favorite races. They are very versile and almost any character concept will fit a human. They are also very nice game wise.

Long live humans! :)

Ace

Adventurer
I hate the silly polls and would appreciate of the Trolls would stop making the stupid things.

However this poll actually could be sensible. I have seen games where there are no Humans...

Rare but they are there.

Remove ads