Do you have a local game store?

Do you have a local game store?

• Several, and more than one are excellent.

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Several, and one is excellent.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • Several, and none are very good.

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • One, and it's excellent.

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • One, and it's not very good.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • No, but there used to be one.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No, and there was one recently.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • No, and there wasn't one recently.

Votes: 18 12.2%

bastrak

First Post
I think rather a lot depends on the definition of local for this poll. I have four game stores near me but all are over 30 miles away.

Aus_Snow

First Post
One I would call local. It's OK, which doesn't really fit into any of your categories. But I chose 'one; excellent' anyway. The staff are nice, mostly. And their stock isn't the worst I've seen. Plus, they do go the extra mile when it comes to game days, game nights, teaching stuff to newbies, plenty of tables, etc. So yeah, I guess 'excellent' (as far as they go in general) isn't too far from the mark after all.

Glyfair

Explorer
I think rather a lot depends on the definition of local for this poll. I have four game stores near me but all are over 30 miles away.
Well, local is a relative term. Local in nYC isn't the same as local in some provinces in Canada, for example. Some places you have to travel distances to the local grocery store, and an hour's travel might be "local."

Boregar

First Post
I have an 'extremely' local game store, in that case, as it is literally at the end of the street where I live here in Dundee, in Scotland.

I said it was excellent, as they will get me anything I am looking for, I might just have to wait a little bit for it to come in. And I'm feel well disposed to them right at the moment, cause I had good fun at the D&D Gameday there today.

Kaladhan

First Post
In the greater Montreal area, there's around 5-6 gaming stores. I would say that there is 2 excellent FLGS, but one has an elitist attitude that rubs me the wrong way (even though they carry almost everything published in the US or Europe).

So even though I have excellent stores somewhat near me, I'm still choosing Amazon.ca over them. The price differences is just too much.

Edgewood

First Post
There are no game stores in little old Stonewall, Manitoba. Winnipeg has a number of game stores, but none have really won me over as a loyal customer...yet.

Remove ads