Do you have kids? Do they RPG with you?

Do you have kids? Do you play RPGs with them?

• I have kids, and I play RPGs with them.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I have kids, and I don't play RPGs with them.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • I don't have kids.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I AM a kid! (Chronologically, not just at heart)

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Poll closed .

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Re: Kiddies!

Fiery James said:
The baby only plays diceless games, which I'm not really into, so we don't play together often.

Diceless? Like, with... no dice?!?! -- Bob and Dave

These 5 1/2" Mega-Sized Rubber Foam Dice might make good baby toys. Don't know about how badly the color might rub off of them, etc.

This guy has dice from all over the world. Some are large foam toys but he doesn't say where he got them.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Re: [slightly OT] Do you have kids?

spacecrime.com said:
I've been noticing an upswing of families that game in the store lately, and am getting curious about the demographics. Hence this poll...

cheers,

Really, you could have waited posting this poll for some eleven weeks so I could have clicked "I have a kid" too. W00t! :)

Mercule

Adventurer
I've got a 2.6 year old daughter and one on the way. Neither plays, yet. I do intend to introduce them to it, though.

I'd bet that within a couple of years, the elder will be up to playing someone's familiar, if nothing else.

spacecrime.com

First Post
Hm. Maybe I should have asked ages in the poll -- but I'm thrilled to have you guys posting them!

Lots of toddlers running around, apparently. That also fits what I'm seeing...

cheers,

Wicht

Hero
I have four kids - two boys and two girls. The boys are interested in RPGs (Ages 6 and 5) and I have been DMing them more and more. In fact they have even managed to get into my storyhour. :)

Ziona

First Post
This is a very interesting poll. We don't have kids (yet) but when we do, they'll have the option of playing. I'm sure my husband, Xaltar, and I will continue to play when we have kids, so they'll at least know and understand the game.

Three kids and one on the way. None of them play, but my oldest son is the right personality - I'm thinking of throwing together some stuff for him.

Dave Blewer

First Post
3 Kids

Two Girls 7 and 2

1 Boy 5

None of them have RPG'ed in the strict sense yet although the older two have very vivid imaginations and play "Dungeons and Dragons" with a knights and Dragons Megablock set they have...

I am so proud!

:D

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I put yes, because even though my current paramour's daughter's aren't techincally mine, they are sure starting to feel like they are.

we haven't gamed together yet (their mom and I game together though...if you check out my Story Hour, she is Tephra).

the oldest girl (10) wants to play D&D desperately, and I'd like to accomodate, but my games tend to resemble A Game of Thrones, and the game she wants to play runs a bit closer to Something where Fairies (which she loves) save the forest

Last edited:

Remove ads