Do you have kids? Do they RPG with you?

Do you have kids? Do you play RPGs with them?

• I have kids, and I play RPGs with them.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I have kids, and I don't play RPGs with them.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • I don't have kids.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I AM a kid! (Chronologically, not just at heart)

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Poll closed .

Garmorn

Explorer
Yes but only for five more months. Then we lose her to a collage in another state. Going to be hard to adjust. She has been gaming with us for over 6 years. The family is just not going to be the same.

Darius101

First Post
Son 15 plays as ofton as he can. He loves the games. He likes Spycraft, Everquest RPG, and lot's of other RPG games. My sone played in the Return to the Temple Of Elemental Evil as our cleric and did pretty good. He was also a reason that I was part of the strangest game in 25+yrs of playing....he misinterpreted something the DM told him and ran with it. That kid is something else hehe but at least we made it to the end.

Daughter is 14 and liked playing until recently and now her focus has changed.

Daughter 9 cried for dice and then put them in a drawer. She is interested in playing but i am waiting for a little bit before I let her.

Not yet, but soon!

Wizardru and I have 2 wee ones, Molly (5.5 years old) and Sean (2.75 years old).

Molly always liked the dice, so we got her 2 big D20's and her own dice bag. Wizardru is our DM and he's let her make some of his rolls occasionally.

Sean, on the other hand, is well on his way to becoming a DnD geek, oops, I mean enthusiast, like us. His favorite movie is the animated hobbit. He knows almost all the dwarves names by heart and when the goblins show up, he grabs his plastic helm, sword, and shield to fight them. He also knows some of the chracters from the LoTR movies now - like Aragorn and "Eggolas"

So I think there's a good chance that one and maybe even both of them will be able to RPG with mommy and daddy in a few years.

Huzzah! :D

Ace

Adventurer
I don't have kids (no one in my group does) but when we game at a game store we have allowed kids to play with us

When we game at houses, adults only

My kids are still too young to play but both have interest in it. My son has a huge liking for Dragons currently. Kids are 7 (daughter) and 4 (son).

Looking at some of the above comments, I want to add this-

When plays with the kids the game is very different than with the adults. I do most of the GMing. With the kids I point out options and "fudge" rolls in their favor. Also, the game tends to be very simple and linear (sp). When it's just the adults it's war. Anything can be said and done (that's legal).

robaustin

First Post
I don't have a child yet - on the way in September. BUT - I AM in the Big Brother program and my little bro is 11 and he plays with my group sometimes. He is getting the hang of it.

--*Rob

Ace

Adventurer
robaustin said:
I don't have a child yet - on the way in September. BUT - I AM in the Big Brother program and my little bro is 11 and he plays with my group sometimes. He is getting the hang of it.

--*Rob

O/T but good on you for doing the BB program!

robaustin

First Post
Ace said:

O/T but good on you for doing the BB program!

It is VERY rewarding - we need so many more people to be Bigs. At the agency I work with alone there are over 200 boys waiting for Big Brothers. I'l throw my plug out there now: If you can devote 4 hours a week doing something fun with a boy or girl - be a BIG brother or sister. I will have been with my Little 4 years in May and it is an incredible experience.

Most of the boys love video games, and some play RPG video games, so RPG'ing live is not that big a stretch for them.... Granted that is NOT the only thing we do together...but he plays at least once a month with us. Once he gets the rules down pat he wants to start his own game with his friends. Probably be an RPG'er for life......get them started early.....

:)

Plug done....

--*Robn

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
My kids are 3 and 5. A little too young to begin RPG beyond the story telling aspect.

I believe both will play, since my wife is a player as well :)

Taren Nighteyes

Remove ads