Do you like storms?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Not at all. Lightning storm requires turning off the PC and unplugging it. The terrier is also terrified of storms and must come to either sit atop me, or beside me so I can hold her.

If I'm somewhere where I'm not on a PC and the terrier is not around, then they're cool.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I love the weather just before a hurricane: The gathering clouds, the constant wind, the gloom on the horizon - it actually brightens my mood. However, the weather during and after the hurricane kinda sucks, as an understatement. ;)

Eternalknight

First Post
Henry said:
I love the weather just before a hurricane: The gathering clouds, the constant wind, the gloom on the horizon - it actually brightens my mood. However, the weather during and after the hurricane kinda sucks, as an understatement. ;)

Well, but of course :) Never been through a BIG storm like that, but thunderstorms - love em. I think its that primal feeling of raw power that I like.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Arnwyn said:
I did, before I owned my own house.

Now I hate them.

I know how you feel, but storms are cool. My wife is scared of them, but I have stood outside in hurricanes (Hugo, Charlie, Floyd, some other minor ones), chased a few tornadoes with camcorders and love gaming during them (Ravenloft - I6 in a bad thundersotrm was waycool). We drove trough a massive thunderstorm in the Everglades once. It detroyed the car's electronic system, but was one of the coolest things I have seen.

DM

I love storms, i'm in the NT in Australia, we get the best storms, rain for hours, or lighting all night the most awsome sight any time of year :p . No offence to those down south, but your storms are weak. All though the hail storms are dangerous but thats it really.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I have loved storms since I was a little kid.
I went on a trip to Cancun with my family when I was twelve, and I saw a storm out over the Gulf near sunset. It was absolutely magnificent. The clouds looked dark purple, and I could see lightning striking from cloud to cloud and sometimes from cloud to water. I was transfixed by the beauty of it and ended up sitting on the beach watching the storm until it had moved out into the Gulf and I couldn't see the lightning anymore.

Belen

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I *love* storms. When we moved in August, I specifically requested a top floor apartment so that I could hear the rain on the roof, again.

Yesterday and last night, it snowed and it was spectacular, beautiful snow... I went out with my dog (who had never seen snow) and just ran around with him. Was wonderful

So TU had to haul all the furniture upstairs, huh?

I am a huge fan of storms. One of my flirty, pick-up lines when I was single was "what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day." You would be surprised how effective that line was.

Remove ads