Doctor Who SE04 EP13 Journey's End - SPOILERS

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I hope they don't bring Davros or the Dalek's back soon. Now that they've stolen the Earth and tried to destroy the universe there is not much else they can do.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I hope they don't bring Davros or the Dalek's back soon. Now that they've stolen the Earth and tried to destroy the universe there is not much else they can do.

I can't help thinking that it is a shame that everything is now wrapped up in 1 or 2 episodes. The old style stories which took 4 episodes to tell (with a cliff hanger at the end of ep 1/2/3) gave a lot more opportunity to develop interesting stories with interesting characters.

I suppose the argument is that it is more difficult to keep people watching, but it never used to be a problem (and Who has a pretty good following nowadays).

Ah well.

I think it's like the Doctor said- this one was "born" in a time of war, and had to make some hard decisions. Recall that Nine had eliminated the Daleks during the Time War, and it wasn't until (as Ten said here) Rose had an effect on him that brought him out of that mindset.

So he's always had it in him to do it if the situation was dire enough, it's just that he's had people around him lately to remind him that there's always hope and a better way.

In fact, the first time he meets a Dalek after the war, he is set out to kill it. It's Rose stopping him...

Overall, it was a good episode, even if the Doctor was a bit passive.

And what did Sally Sparrow say on sadness? I think it applies to the ending.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Something that I thought was done very well was the two David Tennants on screen at once - in fact it was the best version of this kind of thing that I've ever seen on TV or film; it was just as if they had two different actors in all those scenes at the same time :)

Remove ads