• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone still play Dragon Star?

Virtue

First Post
I have all the books but one and im wondering if anyone still plays, and if they do have they posted there ideas as well as new homebrewed material?

CarlZog

Explorer
I recall stumbling across a reasonably active yahoo group for this recently.

As for me, it's another one of those games I bought but never got to play or run. Though I've used material from it for other space opera games.

Napftor

Explorer
Our group played a few adventures but it either didn't hit a chord with us or we simply had/have too many other campaigns going on and too few hours to play them. A shame it never took off with fans enough to warrant its continued publication (that's my assumption for its termination).

2WS-Steve

First Post
I still think it was a concept with some real potential.

I wonder to what extent it was hurt by not using d20 Modern/Future as the base rules (or waiting to use them).

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
It was originally described to me as "Spelljammer done right, and in 3e." The person who told me this never liked space travel without appropriately fitting sci-fi weapons.

Which, in hindsight, is not a very good description. Take D&D, throw it in space, add sci-fi elements.

If someone ran a Dragonstar game in our PbP forum, I'd join it.

Ranger REG

Explorer
2WS-Steve said:
I still think it was a concept with some real potential.

I wonder to what extent it was hurt by not using d20 Modern/Future as the base rules (or waiting to use them).
Do you want a fan's POV, or speculate what they at Fantasy Flight Games are thinking?

Remove ads