• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dollhouse #2:The Target/Season 1 2009

Grog

First Post
The computer geek is supposed to be the guy who brings the funny. He's supposed to be the Nicolas Brandon or Alan Tubyk. So far, he ain't.

Actually, the computer geek is pretty much an exact clone of Andrew from the last two seasons of Buffy. And he is every bit as annoying, creepy, and painfully unfunny in this incarnation as he was in his last.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I noticed that Echo seems to be able to "imprint" from people around her in some circumstances, not just from the machine.

In "The Target" she starts mimicking the personality and physical gestures of the guy hunting her, allowing her to fight him on his own terms. And she displayed the "shoulder smack" gesture after she was supposedly wiped.

I wonder if this is what happened to "Alpha" and if he engineered the situation to put her in a circumstance where she would be forced to imprint on her own or die, and eventually be able to retain and merge her imprinted personalities like him.

John Crichton

First Post
I noticed that Echo seems to be able to "imprint" from people around her in some circumstances, not just from the machine.

In "The Target" she starts mimicking the personality and physical gestures of the guy hunting her, allowing her to fight him on his own terms. And she displayed the "shoulder smack" gesture after she was supposedly wiped.

I wonder if this is what happened to "Alpha" and if he engineered the situation to put her in a circumstance where she would be forced to imprint on her own or die, and eventually be able to retain and merge her imprinted personalities like him.
I didn't get that at all. The gesture she did in the end appeared to just be a breadcrumb for future storylines and the start of her remembering something. Anything.

wolff96

First Post
Personally, I'm wondering if the big "gotcha" of this series is going to be that the FBI agent and Alpha are the same person. I don't know why, but I got the vibe that Alpha is the former doll with incredibly violent tendencies and all kinds of training, while the FBI agent is the "normal" persona. Possibly the last thing he was imprinted with.

Main reasons I think so...
1) In the pilot fight, he's getting beaten down. When he gets up (and kicks the CRAP out of his opponent) his look and stance are very different.

2) It would explain how Alpha knew where to send the photo of Echo/Caroline.

3) Subconsciously, perhaps, it would explain why the FBI agent is so CERTAIN of the Dollhouse's existance.

--------------------------------------

It's probably not correct, but it would make for a really cool twist.

fba827

Adventurer
Personally, I'm wondering if the big "gotcha" of this series is going to be that the FBI agent and Alpha are the same person. I don't know why, but I got the vibe that Alpha is the former doll with incredibly violent tendencies and all kinds of training, while the FBI agent is the "normal" persona. Possibly the last thing he was imprinted with.

Main reasons I think so...
1) In the pilot fight, he's getting beaten down. When he gets up (and kicks the CRAP out of his opponent) his look and stance are very different.

2) It would explain how Alpha knew where to send the photo of Echo/Caroline.

3) Subconsciously, perhaps, it would explain why the FBI agent is so CERTAIN of the Dollhouse's existance.

--------------------------------------

It's probably not correct, but it would make for a really cool twist.

Not a bad theory and would make for a fun twist on the character.

I *think* but I could be wrong, in the first episode when the FBI agent was getting chewed out by his superiors, they made a comment about how long he'd been working the case with no leads. So if they said a long time period in that conversation, then that could kill this theory (since he couldn't be doing both things at once).

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
On the other hand: Dollhouse: Dollhouse's Mysterious Alpha May Be The Person We Least Suspect

EW's Michael Ausiello didn't confirm that pervasive rumor that regular Whedon actor Alan Tudyk is playing Alpha, the renegade doll gone bad. (We originally reported it as fact, thinking it came from official sources, then corrected the entry as soon as we realized.)

But Ausiello did find out that knowing the identity of Alpha's actor would reveal a major twist in the Dollhouse saga. Reading between the lines, it sounds like we'll meet Alpha without knowing we're meeting Alpha, because he'll be masquerading as someone else.

Remove ads