• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dollhouse #4: Gray Hour/Season 1/2009

fba827

Adventurer
I also felt the midwife thing felt forced, BUT I am expecting that it will be used down the line... when Echo starts remembering more things, this can be used to show that she has medical knowledge or at least emphasize that she has _varied_ knowledge of different things and it wasn't always just "dates/entertainment" and "kicking but."

I was also not a huge fan of the Sierra part. It felt... as (another person posted above) like it was forced conflict. I mean, I get the reason. Just felt like it it broke the tension from the Echo story line too much. And it also felt anticlimatic for that scene.

Over all, it was an alright episode. I didn't like it as much as some of the others. But it had some good moments that still kept me entertained (and that's all I'm looking for so I'm easy to please :) )

Richards

Legend
I'm still watching, and holding out hope that it will eventually get better, but right now it's my absolute least favorite of Joss Whedon's TV shows by a very long stretch.

Incidentally, did any of you catch "Castle" on ABC last night? It stars Nathan Fillion (Capt Malcolm Reynolds of "Firefly") as a mystery writer teamed with a female detective to solve murders. Despite Joss not having anything to do with it (not to my knowledge, anyway), it "feels" very much like a Joss Whedon show - entertaining and quirky characters, clever dialogues, some interesting plot situations - in fact, "Castle" seems to me more like a Joss Whedon show than "Dollhouse" does. Perhaps the biggest draw it has for me is the fact that Nathan Fillion is simply so much better at his craft than is Eliza Dushku. In any case, I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Okay, thread hijack over.

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads