• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dollhouse #7: Echoes/Season 1/2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
dollhouse.jpg

Echoes

Writers:Sarah Fain, Elizabeth Craft

Stars: Dichen Lachman (Sierra)
Enver Gjokaj (Victor)
Tahmoh Penikett (Paul Ballard)
Fran Kranz (Topher Brink)
Harry J. Lennix (Boyd Langton)
Eliza Dushku (Echo)
Olivia Williams (Adelle DeWitt)

Recurring Role:Reed Diamond (Laurence Dominic)
Miracle Laurie (Mellie)

Guest Star:Josh Cooke (Leo Carpenter)
Octavia Spencer (Professor Janack)
Philip Casnoff (Clive Ambrose)
Mechad Brooks (Sam)
Brett Claywell (Matt)

Echo goes undercover at a college to investigate a deadly virus outbreak.

There is an indication, this is the last eps, for a while.

dravot

First Post
A fun episode, and well done. The typical Whedon humor that I've come to love was there.

I can't help but think that the Dollhouse is in some serious trouble. It'll be interesting to see how the series continues the storyline.

DonTadow

First Post
A fun episode, and well done. The typical Whedon humor that I've come to love was there.

I can't help but think that the Dollhouse is in some serious trouble. It'll be interesting to see how the series continues the storyline.
I liked as well, but i couldn't help but think this show would have been another one that would have been good to see earlier. It explains Echo's origin nicely , as well as how they recruit new Dolls.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I liked as well, but i couldn't help but think this show would have been another one that would have been good to see earlier. It explains Echo's origin nicely , as well as how they recruit new Dolls.

This is definitely seeming like the show Joss wanted, rather than the one that he had to redo the pilot for, for the studio. The way they recuited Echo though has now been retconned from the pilot.

I am concearned though that all believability is being destroyed in respects to the power and secrecy of the Dollhouse. What happened this episode just can't be hidden.

Felon

First Post
This show has little going for it. I think Whedon has exhausted all of the credit that he earned from Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. It's just not as good of a show as those were. There is no sense of a family bond in Dollhouse, which IMO was always the heart of his best work (including his comics work, like X-Men).

Krug

Newshound
I enjoyed it and thought it had some of the Whedonesque lines. Sure it doesn't quite hold water but it is improving.

Trailer for next ep behind spoiler block:
[sblock]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9oqZdZ0dho&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fast Learner

First Post
It's definitely getting better. I'm no longer have that "I hope this gets good" feeling right before watching the episode. I don't yet have the "I'm really looking forward to it" feeling yet, though. Fingers crossed.

LightPhoenix

First Post
It's definitely getting better. I'm no longer have that "I hope this gets good" feeling right before watching the episode. I don't yet have the "I'm really looking forward to it" feeling yet, though. Fingers crossed.

Add me to that category. The last couple of episodes have at least been decent. However, I don't go out of my way to see it, and I certainly don't stay in to watch.

I'm assuming that the drug basically triggered in Viktor and Sierra (and presumably Mellie) the same thing that is happening to Echo naturally. This suggests that she (and possibly Alpha) were exposed to it beforehand... perhaps that's why Alpha didn't kill Echo.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, I guess this episode blew the "they're all dolls" theory out of the water, since dolls and non-dolls responded differently to the drug. Pity.

I was hoping we'd get deeper into the "nothing is what it seems" aspect of DeWitt's recruitment speech.

Wayside

Explorer
I'm assuming that the drug basically triggered in Viktor and Sierra (and presumably Mellie) the same thing that is happening to Echo naturally. This suggests that she (and possibly Alpha) were exposed to it beforehand... perhaps that's why Alpha didn't kill Echo.
I wouldn't be surprised if Alpha turned out to be Echo's boyfriend.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads