• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DollHouse #! Ghost Season 1/2009

Fast Learner

First Post
Ah, but try to see it from the minds of the studio executives. Some show's going to have to be stuck in the Friday night "death slot." Which demographic of their viewing audience is most likely to stay home on a Friday night to watch TV? Probably those sci-fi dorks, they probably don't have much of a life beyond TV and movies anyway.

Seriously, I'll bet that's their thinking.
I'm positive it is, hence all the shouting. :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I finally got around to watching this.

I know in medias res is cool, but overuse makes your story disjointed. Making the audience think is good, but not while they are also supposed to be getting new information.

I have to side with the "Dushku is a mediocre actress" crowd. This may stil work out for her, in that having a personality that lasts for just one episode doesn't allow for much depth of development anyway. She's going to be doing mostly caricatures, which she can probably pull off.

Overall, the dialog was nowhere near what Joss is capable of. Slow, wooden, and stilted by comparison to what we saw on Buffy, Angel, and Firefly.

All in all, not particularly impressive. I'll give it another episode or two, to see how it goes.

Remove ads