• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Draconids and Dragons

Xath

Moder-gator
Do the Bluestar's memories contain any references to the types of Draconids we're seeing today? Such as the Yuan-ti, dragons, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Universe

First Post
Well, he's definitely aware of the existence of Dragons. There were two (a gold and a silver) who served Oberon, and Andere (his wife) in what is now Caer Albion for a long time. Uther (gold) and Aureliana (silver).

But your character would have known of them as well.

Aureliana is believed to have died in the Freedom War in a battle against Mordred's forces, Uther is believed to have died while serving the Bluestar in the War of the Damned. At the very least, neither have been seen for approx. 900 years.

Xath

Moder-gator
But did the Yuan-ti and Christmas Reptus have any influence on the previous wars? Did they even exist?

So we know there are good dragons.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
But did the Yuan-ti and Christmas Reptus have any influence on the previous wars? Did they even exist?

So we know there are good dragons.
Mordredin's, Dahaka, Ladoninds, Kerren, and Reptus are creatures never before seen on the fields of battle before the Phoenix War.

Wyverns were once relatively common creatures, but were hunted to extinction (or so you thought).

Gigantic humanoid dragonspawn (like Syvattagor) are complete unknowns - his (and his brothers and sisters) origins are shrouded in mystery!

The Iron Wyverlisks you just fought are decidedly new - no creature anything like them has ever been recorded.

The_Universe

First Post
Do you have any speculation?

It would make sense that they are somehow connected to Mordred...some of them call themselves Mordredins, after all...

Last edited:

Xath

Moder-gator
Well, I'd imagine it's some sort of genetic cross breeding similar to that done by Sauroman in LotR. But I can't really speculate as to many of the components.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Well, I'd imagine it's some sort of genetic cross breeding similar to that done by Sauroman in LotR. But I can't really speculate as to many of the components.
Well the trend would hold, if it is crossbreading....that somewhere, somehow, there are dragons.

If that's also the case, you know a bit more about what "walking the shadowed path" must be...

Xath

Moder-gator
The thing is, while I can tell that these new iron basilisks are a cross between a basilisk and a wyvern, we don't know what basilisks are in the first place.

As for the shadowpath....we still have no information on it whatsoever, except that even the draconids are afraid of it.

Remove ads