• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Age III: Inquisition announced

Quickleaf

Legend
Not to rain on anyone's parade/Inquisition, but the Frostbite 2 engine is, to the best of my knowledge, a first person shooter engine used in other EA games like Battlefield and Medal of Honor. It seems like a curious choice as the foundation for an RPG, doesn't it?

Mallus

Legend
It seems like a curious choice as the foundation for an RPG, doesn't it?
Not after Mass Effect.

re: the announcement - excellent news (and name). No one does hyper-violent relationship simulators --ie Bioware RPGs-- quite like Bioware.

It'll be nice to have games w/people worth talking to in them, unlike, say, Skyrim.

Quickleaf

Legend
Not after Mass Effect.

re: the announcement - excellent news (and name). No one does hyper-violent relationship simulators --ie Bioware RPGs-- quite like Bioware.

It'll be nice to have games w/people worth talking to in them, unlike, say, Skyrim.

So you're saying it's not the Inquisition we deserve but the Inquisition we expect?

fba827

Adventurer
i'm a fan of the dragon age stuff, so this is good news (albeit not unexpected, but at least now we at least have the first real mention of it from the source).

On their forums they actually say that they don't expect to talk about it until some time next year when they have something that they feel is ready to be shown. so the game is still a ways off (which isn't a bad thing, i have other things i should be doing rather than spending a week or two obsessing over a game as i replay it time and time again ;) ).

Derren

Hero
Considering how heated the threads were comparing DA:O with DA2, I hope DA:I is good! I can't take another flame-war! :-S

Unlikely.
They can't please the DA:O fans and DA2 fans (yes, some exist) at the same time. Also when you look at how EA runs things it is unlikely that DA:I will go back to being a traditional RPG.

Quickleaf

Legend
No one expets the Expected Inquisition!

Uhh...logic core overload!
*BOOOOM!*
Hey, someone got it :)

I'm sitting here mapping out renewable energy projects under development in the Hawaiian Islands...it's been three hours and my vision is getting bleary...desperately looking for distraction. *sigh*
EDIT: Not allowed to complain.

Last edited:

Remove ads