Dragon Age: Origins [Assessing interest]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok WS but remeber I have each one fighting a seperate opponent so you need not worry about what the others are doing yet and just worry about the wolf in front of you.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
@ rangerjohn's question: Yes doubles only matter on the attack roll and you did roll doubles for that as well as for your damage.

Roll Lookup - 2,8,2 Dragon Die was 2

So you will get the pierce armor stunt even though you thought you were getting it from your damage roll. You rolled double 2's there too.

I'm just glad we are playing this online and have time to catch this type of stuff. Around the table it might get passed over.

WD is up but he said it was a holiday this week so we will just wait, any questions about the rules that are posted??

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
YEP that would be the heal action (I think it is minor). I went over board in saying the dogs throat was ripped out but I was remembering at the time that this is a "dark fantasy" RPG. So was getting a little gritty.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey gang doing a little catching up here and for this game I am review rules and such. Because remember this game is only a few months old, so I am not the best at it.

First at WD you fixed your numbers in the IC, so thanks I was confused as to where they came from.

Stunts: for anyone with a rule book read over page 61 (Player's Guide) and let me know what you think of the following:

When choosing which stunts to perform do you pick them before you roll for damage?

I'm asking because it looks like you should from the way it reads to me.

And it is a new round in the IC you all may post up your actions.

HM

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well I do think it says that, however with Pbp you have no way to confirm that, since I could roll both rolls and pick the stunts later.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That's just it I wanted to be sure of the rule for face to face games. I'm thinking in pbp you would throw it out the window for sure.

Do you think that is how it is to be played then?

HM

Walking Dad

First Post

Stunts: for anyone with a rule book read over page 61 (Player's Guide) and let me know what you think of the following:

When choosing which stunts to perform do you pick them before you roll for damage?

Actually, you use stunt points / choose your stunts after the roll. That was my trouble with the system, along with lacking a point buy option. Seems to be a new trend. MRQ2 lets you choose a maneuver (stunt) after rolling a critical...

Last edited:

Remove ads