Dragon of Icespire Peak - [OOC]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Aye, luv." Fitz answered Meadowlark, "We'll have two more o'these."

And he passed her his and Mina's empty cups. It was unusual for a patron to be kind enough to pass her things that were out of her reach (mostly they left her to circle the table and get them herself) and many were crude with their advances. When Meadowlark glanced back at the table as she pulled them two more pints, Fitz was looking at her with a slight smile on his face. At first she thought that he must be like all the rest, seeing her only for her beauty, but when she returned with the drinks, he said to her, "Ye've the look of a lass who knows her way around a tight spot. Clearin' tables and smackin' hands from yer behind seems t'be a waste of your skills. And don't take my word for it - I'm sure Mina an' Ryn would say the same."

He nudged Mina, who blushed a slight pink on her otherwise snow-white cheeks, then he continued, "We've were just sayin' earlier that we'd put a company together t'look into some trouble 'round here. Ye could join us an' see if we can't make ourselves useful while makin' an honest day's pay."

The last part sounded like it was unusual for him that he'd seek honest work, but that he was happy to try.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Bethrynna sipped her ale and took a bite of some of the roast meat on the platter in the center of the table as Fitz chatted with the tavern wench. She frowned as he invited her to accompany them. She winced again as the human shortened her name even further.

“Fitz, what good would a serving maid do us? We would have to protect her more than get the job done,” she countered. “If you wish a companion for the night, you do not need to bring her with us.” Though the elf couldn’t fault the man for his selection. The woman was certainly attractive, for a human.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I don't think we'd have protect her she looks a lot stronger than than the others around" Mina looks toward Meadowlark, "Um, forgive my friend Uh, I just mean they, you know know what I mean. This is Rynna, and he's Fitz, sorry we're trouble"

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Bethrynna sighed. “The blacksmith is strong from the forge. Doesn’t mean he can fight,” the elf said. “No offense,” she told the tavern wench. She gestured with her fingers and murmured something, and magic sparkled, cleaning a bit of grease that had dripped onto her blouse. “Unless she does magic, perhaps,” the elf allowed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Naw, Ryn..." Fitz explained, oblivious to the elf's pain at his corruption of her name, "Ye have her all wrong. This here's no plain tavern girl. Look at 'er walk! Look at 'er (sorry, lass) solid frame! She's a scrapper, to be sure. Jus' you wait and see! Ye'll join us, won't you, lass? Sure ye will. Better'n bein' here, what with the stars at night."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Serpa looked up from his spot next to Mina to look at the serving maid in question. The tavernkeeper had instincively grabbed a vroom and 'tried' shooing him out of their establishment like they might've a rat or a mangy cat. But Meadowlark, hadn't reacted with nearly so much disdain that he'd seen. That was honestly all he really worried about when deciding who to befriend.

"I think she's nice." he said simply and went back to watching the mechanical device in his hands. He'd seemed particularly interested in it since he'd first spotted it and had a tendency to stare at it when he wasn't doing anything else otherwise important.

The constant flirting among the group was entirely lost on the kobold, who simply seemed happy to have found people who not only tolerated him, but had encouraged him to be the best kobold he could be.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Meadowlark takes the various dishes into her hands, and nods at the order. "Two more, aye."

Her eyes cast around the table. "No worries, Mina. I'll let you know when you're trouble." And, looking down on them all sitting at the table, she smiles. She looks at Rynna, and adds, "And I'm no one's companion. He couldn't afford me... neither could you. I'll be back with your drinks."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
When she returns, she hears the comment about her hands. "I do have big hands," she says, setting the beers down. "And if there's an honest day's pay, I'm happy to hear an offer. Tomiko is doing me a favour anyways," she says, tilting her neck towards the barkeep.

She turns to the kobold. "I'm very nice. Nice, and big hands. You all don't miss a trick." She shrugs, and takes Serpa's order.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Bethrynna shook her head. “Being a scrapper doesn’t mean she can handle a sword, Fitz,” the elf said. “A blade is an...elegant thing, an extension of oneself.” She idly flicked her knife between her fingers. “An art. Like Mina’s singing.”

"And I'm no one's companion. He couldn't afford me... neither could you. I'll be back with your drinks,"
the tavern wenche said.

Rynna raised an eyebrow. “She is not wrong in that,” she said with amusement. “My coin purse is light.” She was still getting used to the idea that people actually paid for such company. Ryn certainly never had recourse to such activities. She wasn’t even sure how one went about it. She’d watched her human companions in her travels and still hadn’t figured out the complicated negotiations regarding such things.

Bella watched the group, sizing them up before shaking her. I'm not that person any more, she thought. Still, they were talking about adventuring. There could be coin in that.

She walked up to the tallish man who seemed to be in charge and said, "I hear you're looking to get a company together. I'm not bad with a blade if I say so myself." She's not wearing a blade or even a scabbard, though some might be able to spot a dagger or two in her boots.

Remove ads