Dragonlance - Adventures during the Age of Despair

Lord_Raven88

First Post
After making brief introductions it doesn't take long to discover that the three of you share a similar view point when it comes to the Seekers and their methods. It also doesn't take Eton and Jerol too long to notice that Eric's finely crafted longsword bears an identical design to Jerol's clasp on the hilt, although his appears to be crafted from bronze instead of silver.

Unable to make much more of this unusual discover, you realise that they were either crafted by the same person, or perhaps are copies of another design.

~~~~

The rest of the day passes fairly uneventfully, the Seekers keep mostly to themselves and then in the early afternoon the Seeker Zealot once more goes to the main square and continues to preach to the locals, with some effect. Late in the afternoon he and his entourage return to their rooms and spend the rest of the night keeping to themselves.

Individually you while away the day exploring the small town of Portsmith, searching for gainful employment, or just plain lazing about. Later that evening you retire to your room, each hoping to get an early start so as to get away from the Seekers in the morning.

Before going to sleep you readily agree that it would be a wise precaution to secure your door for the night. Locking the door you push two empty chest (provided for storage) up against the door and then turn in for the night.

~~~~

In the early hours of the morning you are all woken from your rest by the sounds of raised voices and the sound of a women crying piteously from the common room below. Lighting the small lamp you discover a disturbing sight, sitting on the top of the chests (which still rest against the door) is a dagger and a pair of boots (which Eton recognises as his own) both of which seem to be covered in blood.

With a cry of alarm Jerol's (who is sleeping on one of the top bunks) eyes lock onto the empty bunk opposite him, resting there in a pool of spreading blood in the severed head of the gaunt innkeeper. His unfocused eyes stare at Jerol accusingly.

Velmont

First Post
Eton is awaken by teh sounds, as he turns to see what could do that, he see the blood coated dagger full of blood. He quickly look inside his cloak and see his dagger is missing. "Damned!" Ignoring the other two, he quickly grabs his backpack and crossbow, leaving his dagger and boots where they are. He then look by teh window, to see what escape way he has left.

Kaodi

Hero
Sighing as the realization that a new hunt has begun, Jerol asks of his companions, " I not suppose either of you have left a disembodied head upon the other bunk? "

He reaches for his spear, leaning beside the bed, and grabs his pack which he sleeps with, and prepares to invoke the magic of his cloak should either of his companions prove to be treacherous...

Lord_Raven88

First Post
As Eton looks thru the window he can see that the window faces towards the inner courtyard of the inn and overlooks the stables. A small porch runs underneath the window and wraps around the side of the inn.

Sticking his head out Eton notices some sort of commotion in the main square, as an angry but fearful crowd begins to gather, many of whom are holding torches and carrying weapons.

[sblock=OOC: ]Your room is on the first level of the inn, the porch that runs underneath your window would allow you to escape either into the courtyard which has the stables or around tha back of the walled inn and into the alleyways and other businesses.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Isn't that obvious enough. Someone is trying to frame me. Nobody can cut the head of someone with a dagger, it's just not meant for that. Any warrior with a little experience and training would know that. But the Seeker will be please to have my head for that crime." Eton looks at the square and pull back his head. "The excutionners are already there and I have seen no judge. If I can hold the bastard who did that to me."

"By the way, you like it or not, your in the boat, no one will believe you after you spent two night in the same room than me. Those seerkers were already loking at you with the look all unwanted foreigner have in a town. I gives you 10 seconds to make a choice on what you plan to do."

Kaodi

Hero
Hopping down from his bed, Jerol asks, " Why do you assume that they are after you? "

He quickly slips on his backpack, grabs his spear and any other loose possessions. " Would not be the first mob to come after me. I planned to disappear this morning, in any case. Not planned to have a going away party, though. "

Kaodi

Hero
" I quite sure that our guests will stop to make sure who the boots belong to, before they cut out our hearts, or make whatever other barbarism they have in mind, " says Jerol dismissively.

" Let us leave then, this town leave bad taste in my mouth, and I only be here one night. "

Velmont

First Post
"Oh, probably some will, a minority who will blame you as accomplice. Most will not care and will simply asks for bloods to pay for the bloods of one of them. What do you favor, a run through the crowd in horses or a simply running away on foot by the back street?"

Remove ads