• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Animated Movie Concept Art

Pants

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
Because to a lot of people "anime" doesn't actually have anything to do with Japanese animation, its just a term that means "I don't like it." ;)
Oh yeah, I tried to coin that usage of the word.

Ranger REG

Explorer
ThirdWizard said:
Because to a lot of people "anime" doesn't actually have anything to do with Japanese animation, its just a term that means "I don't like it." ;)
No, it means, "There's too much anime everywhere, so why can't you be original for once?"

:]

Honestly, I am forcing myself to like the film, but it's not working, gang.

Last edited:

Wolv0rine

First Post
All I can say is, I hope someone realized before going to final animation that Sturm's sword is about a foot or two too short, and that unless they spend outrageous amounts of time on each animation cell, that extra-ornate armor's not going to work.

And Tanis does look extra-pouty. I mean Tanis was kind of angsty (he earned it, the man had EVERYONE except Raistlin turning to him to decide everything from where do we camp to how do we live through this to should I squat in the bush on the right or the bush on the left to crap), but he just looks like he's pouting in the concept art. It's not bad, but it needs some thought put into personality in there after the initial design (but I'll say right up front, a lot of times concept art isn't meant to have personality, just design).

I still want to see the Majeres and Tika. :)

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Ranger REG said:
Honestly, I am forcing myself to like the film, but it's not working, gang.

Man when did you see it?????? Are you some sort of crazy time traveler? All I have seen was a few art pictures and a cast list, yet you have seen this movie.

I honestly can say I have no idea how you can even judge this based on the info we have.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Dagger75 said:
Man when did you see it?????? Are you some sort of crazy time traveler? All I have seen was a few art pictures and a cast list, yet you have seen this movie.

I honestly can say I have no idea how you can even judge this based on the info we have.
Then they better change my mind with more info.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Hammerhead said:
Their hair is too long! Shouldn't that be enough?

Show me any art of those characters with short hair? From what I can remember, all the depictions of the males in DL have past-the-collar hair, as one would expect.

Remove ads