• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Animated Movie Concept Art

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
No, it means, "There's too much anime everywhere, so why can't you be original for once?"

(Psst. The anime style is more original than the type of American line art we've seen for decades.)

I look at that art and I see little to no anime influence. Anime has just become some kind of substitute word for 'something I don't like', like people citing the so-called 'anime influenced artwork' in 3E books.

But, you think there's 'too much' anime now? Since manga outsells all comics by a large amount, and the Cartoon Network anime shows pull in tons of viewers, look for there to be more anime influence in things. Most of the young people who will be future animators now, that's going to be most of their influence.

In other words, you might as well start getting used to it.

Ranger REG said:
Then they better change my mind with more info.
Assuming the movie will be finished some day, such information might be available at some time. :)

But it's probably better to have a pessimistic approach to movies - either you were right or you are positively surprised. :)

Pants

First Post
Mercule said:
Because it's a cartoon in which a guy looks like a sulky, metrosexual, teenaged pansy.
I have no idea what picture you're looking at, but Tanis has always been sulky and angsty. He's a half-elf so metrosexual is a good fit. ;)

Ranger REG said:
No, it means, "There's too much anime everywhere, so why can't you be original for once?"
That makes no sense, especially in relation to your first statement. I reiterate my previous question "How does this look anime influenced?"

"Oh noez, he looks teh pouty!!111 ANIME!!!111"

Mad Mac

First Post
Looks pretty good for concept art. Definately not seeing the anime connection. Even if it doesn't change much, it'll look a lot better animated. Animation is key, really. Try pulling out some line concept art for, say, a disney flick for comparison. (back when they did real animated movies...) Streamlined designs work best with animation.

I agree though that some artists are going to be seriously hating Sturm if he hasn't changed much, though. ;)

Btw, be sure to check out Cloakey Sturm: http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/gallery/show_category.asp?id=1

Aaron L

Hero
If you think that this looks ANYTHING like anime, well... then you havent seen any anime.

The comment that saying 'anime influenced' has come to mean "anything I dont like" is extremely true.

I like the concepts, not too shabby.

Remove ads