Dragonlance: Children of the Dragon OOC Thread [FULL]

Elrick

First Post
Welcome Aboard Velmont.

Then it is agreed, we begin playing with newborn Silver Dragon hatchlings.
What I require next from you all is the following:

2 Names: your dragon name and your "human" name. i.e. Khirsah (Fireflash)

Description of your planned personality & quirks. Feel free to step out of the bounds of a typical silver, you're Hero Dragons so you're anything but typical.

Newborn dragons begin with a certain amount of inborn knowledge. This is a combination of instinict and whatever the hatchling learns from their parents talking to them while still in the egg. Silver dragons have cold subtype, so eggs are usually incubated in cold conditions, usually below zero.

Statblock of your dragon (Velmont, I can do this for you if you wish)
30 point buy for stats
Any Good Alignment, LG NG CG allowed
CR = 11
Starting Languages: Draconic (You'll pick up your bonus languages as you encounter other beings from which to learn them)
Wyrmling Silver Dragon Racial abilities:
Size Small
Starting HD 7d12, first die is max as usual
Str +2, Con +2, Int +4, Wis +4, Cha +4
+7 base attack
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +5
+6 Natural Armor
Starting Skill points (6+ Int Bonus) x 10
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disquise, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(any), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Use Magic Device
3 Starting Feats
Special Abilites: Alternate Form (Size small or smaller. At this age any form you take will be that of child of that species), immunity to cold & acid, cloudwalking, vulnerability to fire. Usual Dragon abilities.

Your Mother's name is Levexiskthurkear (Star) an Adult Female Silver. You know she has a beautiful singing voice which she used to sing you to sleep while still in the shell.

Enjoy
Elrick

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Justyrathrix [SouthWind] (Silver Dragon)

Justyrathrix: Male wyrmling silver dragon; CR 11; Small dragon (Cold); HD 7d12+7, hp 61; Init +2; Spd 40 ft., fly 100 ft. (average); Base Atk +7; Grp +8; AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17; Atk +9 melee (1d6+1 bite); Full Atk +9 melee (1d6+1 bite) and +4 melee (1d4+1 claw); Face/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Breath weapon (20-ft. cone of cold or paralyzing gas); SQ Alternate form, blindsight 60 ft., cloudwalking, darkvision 120 ft., immunities (acid, cold, paralysis, sleep) , keen senses, low-light vision, vulnerability to fire; AL CG; SV Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +6; Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 20.

Skills: Bluff +15, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +19, Disguise +13*, Escape Artist +7, Gather Infromation +7, Intimidate +15, Jump +6, Knowledge(Arcana) +10, Knowledge(Architecture & Engineering) +6, Knowledge(Dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge(Geography) +6, Knowledge(History) +6, Knowledge(Local) +10, Knowledge(Nature) +6, Knowledge(Nobility & Royalty) +10, Knowledge(Plane) +6, Knowledge(Religion) +7, Listen +6, Search +10, Sense Motive +9, Sleight of Hand +4, Spellcraft +7 , Spot +6, Use Magic Device +15

*Add +2 to Disguise roll while observed.

Language: Draconic, Common, Gnomish, Kenderspeak, Qualinesti, Silvanesti

Feats: Fly-by Attack, Hover, Wingover

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, Justyrathrix can breathe a 20-foot cone of cold or paralyzing gas. Each creature in the area takes 2d8 points of cold damage (Reflex DC 14 half) or is paralyzed for 1d6+1 rounds (Fortitude DC 14 negate).

Alternate Form (Su): Justyrathrix can assume any animal or humanoid form of Small size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on him, except that Justyrathrix does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an anirmal or humanoid. Justyrathrix can remain in his animal or humanoid form until he chooses to assume a new one or return to his natural form.

Cloudwalking (Su): Justyrathrix can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Blindsense (Ex): Justyrathrix can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 60 feet. Opponents he can’t actually see still have total concealment against him.

Keen Senses (Ex): Justyrathrix can see four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. He also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Justyrathrix is the second hatchling. His curiosity is great and only equals his interest for magic. He likes to play and doesn't always look at the consequence of his act. Because of all that, his favored alternate form is the kender, which he found their purety and innocence too lovely. In combat, he will use his natural ease of flying to play with his opponent.

Oh, yeah, SouthWind will tell everything that pass in his mind if he don't take the time to think of the consequence of his words... which is maybe too often.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Kharasmadrion, called Flashfrost: Male wyrmling silver dragon; CR 11; Small dragon (Cold); HD 7d12+35, hp 92; Init +2; Spd 40 ft., fly 100 ft. (average); Base Atk +7; Grp +6; AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17; Atk +11 melee (1d6+5 bite); Full Atk +11 melee (1d6+5 bite) and +6 melee (1d6+2 claw); Face/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Breath weapon (20-ft. cone of cold or paralyzing gas); SQ Alternate form, blindsight 60 ft., cloudwalking, darkvision 120 ft., immunities (acid, cold, paralysis, sleep) , keen senses, low-light vision, vulnerability to fire; AL LG; SV Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6; Str 16, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 14.

Skills:Concentration +15, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Listen +11, Search +11, Sense Motive +11, Spot +11
Feats: Recover Breath, Clinging Breath, Ability Focus: Breath Weapon

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, Kharasmadrion can breathe a 20-foot cone of cold or paralyzing gas. Each creature in the area takes 2d8 points of cold damage (Reflex DC 20 half) or is paralyzed for 1d6+1 rounds (Fortitude DC 20 negate).

Alternate Form (Su): Kharasmadrion can assume any animal or humanoid form of Small size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on him, except that Kharasmadrion does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an anirmal or humanoid. Kharasmadrion can remain in his animal or humanoid form until he chooses to assume a new one or return to his natural form.

Cloudwalking (Su): Kharasmadrion can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Blindsense (Ex): Kharasmadrion can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 60 feet. Opponents he can’t actually see still have total concealment against him.

Keen Senses (Ex): Kharasmadrion can see four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. He also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Vervaerynosz [Vern] (Silver Dragon)

Vervaerynosz [Vern] (Silver Dragon)

Vervaerynosz: Male wyrmling silver dragon; CR 11; Small dragon (Cold); HD 7d12+14, hp 71; Init +3; Spd 40 ft., fly 100 ft. (average); Base Atk +7; Grp +8; AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 18; Atk +13 melee (1d6+5 bite); Full Atk +13 melee (1d6+5 bite) and +11 melee (1d6+2 claw); Face/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Breath weapon (20-ft. cone of cold or paralyzing gas); SQ Alternate form, blindsight 60 ft., cloudwalking, darkvision 120 ft., immunities (acid, cold, paralysis, sleep) , keen senses, low-light vision, vulnerability to fire; AL LG; SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6; Str 20, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12.

Skills and Feats: Heal: +6, Jump: +17, Listen +11, Search +11, Sense Motive +11, Spot +11, Tumble +10; Improved Natural Armor, Multiattack, Improved Natural Attack (claw).

Breath Weapon (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds, Vervaerynosz can breathe a 20-foot cone of cold or paralyzing gas. Each creature in the area takes 2d8 points of cold damage (Reflex DC 15 half) or is paralyzed for 1d6+1 rounds (Fortitude DC 15 negate).

Alternate Form (Su): Vervaerynosz can assume any animal or humanoid form of Small size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on him, except that Vervaerynosz does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. Vervaerynosz can remain in his animal or humanoid form until he chooses to assume a new one or return to his natural form.

Cloudwalking (Su): Vervaerynosz can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Blindsense (Ex): Vervaerynosz can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 60 feet. Opponents he can’t actually see still have total concealment against him.

Keen Senses (Ex): Vervaerynosz can see four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. He also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Vervaerynosz is the first hatching of his clutch. Vervaerynosz has very strong paternal instincts and sees himself as protector of the clutch. Although he doesn’t try to get into trouble, because he tries to protect all his clutch-mates he tends to get into more then his share of fights. He is constantly training and sparring to hone his fighting prowess. He prefers direct melee combat to all other forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lukisalinari [Lucky] (Silver Dragon)

Lukisalinari: Female wyrmling silver dragon; CR 11; Small dragon (Cold); HD 7d12+21, hp 87; Init +2; Spd 40 ft., fly 100 ft. (average); AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 17; Atk +8 melee (1d6+0 bite) and +6 melee (1d4+0 claw); Face/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Breath weapons (20-ft. cone of cold, 20-ft. cone of paralyzing gas); SQ Alternate form, immunities (acid & cold), cloudwalking, vulnerability to fire; AL NG; SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +6; Str 10, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 18.

Skills and Feats: Bluff: +10, Concentration: +7, Diplomacy: +14, Disguise: +8, Escape Artist: +6, Knowledge (arcana): +14, Knowledge (History): +6, Knowledge (nature): +10, Knowledge (planes): +6, Knowledge (religion): +12, Knowledge (war): +8, Listen: +14, Sense Motive: +14, Spot: +14, Use Magic Device: +14; Multiattack, Recover Breath, + one more.

Breath Weapon (Su): Lukisalinari can breathe a 20-foot cone of cold (2d8) or a 20-foot cone of paralyzing gas. The cone of cold attack allows a Reflex save (DC 16) for half damage. The cone of paralyzing gas attack allows a Fortitude save (DC 16) or paralyzed for 1d6+1 rounds. Once she has used either breath weapon, she cannot do so again for (1d4-1) rounds (from Recover Breath).

Alternate Form (Su): Lukisalinari can assume any animal or humanoid form of Small size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on her, except that Lukisalinari does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. Lukisalinari can remain in her animal or humanoid form until she chooses to assume a new one or return to her natural form.

Cloudwalking (Su): Lukisalinari can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Immunities (Ex): Lukisalinari has immunity to sleep and paralysis effects. Each variety of dragon has immunity to one or two additional forms of attack no matter what its age, as given in its description.

Blindsense (Ex): Lukisalinari can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 60 feet. Opponents the dragon can’t actually see still have total concealment against the dragon.

Keen Senses (Ex): Lukisalinari can see four times as well a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. She also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Lukisalinari is, by far, the weakest of the clutch. Lukisalinari, in fact, had difficulty breaking the shell and getting out to see her brothers and sisters of the clutch. This difficulty has lead to an irrational fear in Lukisalinari of being alone, and she constantly wants . . . no, needs . . . to be another of her clutch or her mother. She is less interested in flying, fighting or adventuring and more interested in learning and hearing stories from others. As such, she has developed no small amount of skill in getting others to talk (diplomacy) and detecting fact from fiction (sense motive) in their stories.

Elrick

First Post
Excellent, we're just missing Mordane76.

Velmont playing Justyrathrix [Southwind]
-I took the liberty of giving you a dragon name. You can change it if you don't like it.

Paxus Asclepius playing Kharasmadrion [Flashfrost]

Tailspinner playing Vervaerynosz [Vern]

Keia playing Lukisalinari [Lucky]

I've given some thought on advancement, not that its going to be to criticial of an issue at first. How does this sound to you all: I will award XP like normal. At appropiate intervals in the story we will have "downtime" where months or even years will pass. This is so your dragons can advance in age, when this happens we'll follow what the Draconomicon says and have you take a dragon level when you have enough XP for the new level. I'll try to space things out so that you earn 1 or 2 class levels before you age enough to take a dragon level. Sound good? Clear as mud?
Let me know what you think.

Elrick

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
I'm working on it right now... get it up as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I have three exams tomorrow, so I'm splitting time between studying, recovering from a stomach bug, and surfing ENWorld.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Works for me! I'm excited about this one - can't wait for it to start. I'll be adding to my personality as time allows, but the ground work is there.

Keia

Elrick

First Post
What about Twins?!?

Hey I got cool idea. Would any two of you like to share egg, sort of like dragon twins? You could either do identical twin thing or Caramon/Raistlin thing where one is brawny and the other is scrawny. Just a thought.

Elrick

Remove ads