Dream Products and Product Dream-Teams!

Psion

Adventurer
Shemeska said:
Planescape 3.5 with Colin McComb and anyone else, it doesn't matter to me, so long as he's running the show.

No. Bruce Cordell has shown me he should never touch Planescape.

Now some psionics goodies...

Ghostwind, Psion...

I'm absolutely flattered. And for what little it's worth, should the opportunity ever arise, I'd love to be part of both of those. :) I'm a great fan of planar stuff (as witnessed by some of my recent material), and I was just earlier this week thinking about how it might be fun to do a bit of sci-fi work.

Ghostwind

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I was just earlier this week thinking about how it might be fun to do a bit of sci-fi work.

We'll work together on a project someday, Ari. And if we're lucky, it will be that sci-fi project. ;)

I would love to hand Shakespeare copies of the core rulebooks and see how the Bard would handle writing interactive stories (adventures) as opposed to plays and sonnets.

While he's writing a compelling emotional tale, I'd track down Caravaggio (Italian Renaissance painter) and get him to illustrate the book.

Then I'd apply for a patent on my time travel device.

Honestly, though, most of the products I really want to see . . . um, I really want to write myself. I mean, I don't mind if Mike Mearls has probably kicked my butt with Iron Heroes, but dang it, I wanted to write something like that.

One thing I do wish I could see, that I am interested in reading but not writing, would be a guidebook on villainous campaigns. With a foreword by Bill Gates and The Coca-Cola Company.

Tinner

First Post
RangerWickett said:
I would love to hand Shakespeare copies of the core rulebooks and see how the Bard would handle writing interactive stories (adventures) as opposed to plays and sonnets.

While he's writing a compelling emotional tale, I'd track down Caravaggio (Italian Renaissance painter) and get him to illustrate the book.

Then I'd apply for a patent on my time travel device.

If I can license that patent, I'd like to hand a copy of the SRD and the picture "A Paladin in Hell" to Dante, and see what he comes up with. :D

Then I'll pop to the future, grab a copy of Stormwrack, and see what Herman Melville makes of it.

I'd be very interested in seeing a cleric book written by Ellis Peters.
I'd like to see the cast of Monty Python do an April issue of Dragon.
d20 CoC by HPL
d20 Harry Potter by JK Rowling
MERP by Tolkien

Pretty much any licensed product handled by the original creator.

I'd like top see JonRog write us a Global Frequency campaign setting for d20 Modern, although his story hour comes close. :D

Razuur

First Post
Interesting Topic. This one made me think a lot.

If I had to pick a couple, they would probably be:

* Scott Bennie. I would love for him to do to other Mythic Vistas on other cultures around the world, in the same vein as Testament. Mythic China. Mythic India. Mythic Arabia. Mythic Native America. Mythic Meso America. If every six monthshe would come out with a new Mythic region sourcebook, I would be one happy camper.

* Gareth from Adamant. I really want him to put all of his excellent pulp stuff into a massive hardocover pulp tome (ala Arcana Evolved), filled with full color art from his current PDF covers and other pulp art. Expanind all of the classes, prestige classes, and gamemaster stuff. I think he should make the ultimate Pulp D20 book. Others have tried, and none have succeeded. I think he could.

That said, I actually have some dream teams in action.

Wil Upchurch and the gang that are putting out Midnight are doing a stellar Job.

August Hahn and the Mongoose folks are doing outstanding on the B5 line. Not one product that wasn't top notch IMHO.

And Steve Kenson with M&M. Every product is great. Can't wait for the second edition.

Razuur

Jupp

Explorer
Neil Gaiman, Monte Cook and Colin McComb sitting together creating the next installment of Planescape. Interior artists: Neil Gaiman and Tony Diterlizzi. That would rock big

another one would be

Terry Pratchett, Rob Kuntz and EGG doing the "real" fun version of Castle Greyhawk ;)

or

Francois M. Froideval releasing his Black Moon Chronicles as a D&D C&C setting, yummy!

Last edited:

Remove ads