Dream Products and Product Dream-Teams!

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Buck Rogers by Flint Dille and Gary Gygax

Genre Books for the d20 system. Fantasy, gothic, romance, detective, mystery, western, thriller, boys adventure, lost world, techno, spy, etc.

A guide to adventures focusing on natural phenomenon. ("It's been raining hard for 5 days now, and the river has just topped its banks. What are you doing?")

ashockney

First Post
It would have to be authored by Monte Cook and Ed Greenwood

It would have to be set in the Forgotten Realms

It would have to be high level

It would be ideal if it were an adventure/sourcebook

I'd say, 3.5 Edition updated hardback on Myth Drannor, or possibly mega-adventure the details a war between two major political superpowers like Thay and Rashemen.

Artistically, WOTC could continue on the same line, their art has been superb.

Whisper72

Explorer
Hmmm... dream products (not sure who'd have to produce them, but the guys from Necro, Green Ronin, Kevin Kulp, the guy from Whitethorn and Bruce Cordell come to mind among others) are to have boxed set adventures with all stuff included. Battle maps, the required miniatures, hand-outs, props, CD with background sounds/moodmusic etc...

Definately another vote for Planescape and Spelljammer revisited

A rpg sourcebook for the world from Steven Erikson, Malazan Tales of the Fallen

A rpg sourcebook for the world of Liavek

Hmmm.... definately the world and cosmology by Steven Erikson would be awesome...

Arnwyn

First Post
JohnSnow said:
Anyone else have one?
Yeah:

- "The Island Kingdoms" (Nimbral, Lantan, Moonshaes, Ruathym, Orlumbor, and more) - by Ed Greenwood

- "Sossal and the Northern Lands" (Sossal, The Ride, The Tortured Lands, Vaasa, northern Hordelands including Almorel & Winterkeep, etc) - by Ed Greenwood

- "Undermountain: The Whole Damn Thing" (and everything under Waterdeep) - by Ed Greenwood & Steven Schend

- "Dungeons of the Realms" (Gauntlgrym, The Wailing Dwarf, and all the other lost ruins, fully mapped and detailed) - by Ed Greenwood

Not tremendously innovative, but actually finishing the geographic regions of the Realms would be vastly useful to my massive and long-running FR campaign.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
First vote: A series of books of ecologies written by Jonathan Richards - I gotta second this. My second favorite series in the classic age of Dragon (Nine Hells being number one).

Second vote: A book by Monte Cook and Green Ronin (I like the GR world books, but Monte has a passion for this world) translating the Steven Brust books into a game world/system.

Third vote: Planescape - but, I'm afraid of this. I don't think WotC would give the writers/developers the freedom they need to make this unique. It became too much about Sigil for my taste as time went on.

Fourth: Al Qadim returns. This was some of the best stuff written, and I'd like it back.

Brakkart

First Post
arnwyn said:
Yeah:

- "The Island Kingdoms" (Nimbral, Lantan, Moonshaes, Ruathym, Orlumbor, and more) - by Ed Greenwood

- "Sossal and the Northern Lands" (Sossal, The Ride, The Tortured Lands, Vaasa, northern Hordelands including Almorel & Winterkeep, etc) - by Ed Greenwood

- "Undermountain: The Whole Damn Thing" (and everything under Waterdeep) - by Ed Greenwood & Steven Schend

- "Dungeons of the Realms" (Gauntlgrym, The Wailing Dwarf, and all the other lost ruins, fully mapped and detailed) - by Ed Greenwood

Not tremendously innovative, but actually finishing the geographic regions of the Realms would be vastly useful to my massive and long-running FR campaign.

Agreed on all of those, though I'd add Eric L. Boyd, Steven E. Schend and Richard Baker to the authors used. all of them have proved time and again that they really "get" the Realms. Ohh and I'd want books on:

Old Empires - Mulhorand, what is left of Unther, Murghom, Semphar and Chessenta (cos this is one of the most dynamic regions in the 3.x Realms)

The Vilhon Reach - Chondath, Sespech, Turmish, and the city states. (recently covered in several novel series, and I'm guessing the region is gonna be put through hell during the forthcoming Watercourse trilogy when some nutcase/genius tries to build a canal from the Lake of Steam to the Reach... which would only alter half the trade routes in Faerun, and likely plunge the region into anarchy as EVERYONE tries to gain and then keep control of the canal, or simply destroy it).

A Dragon magazine article by Richard Lee Byers giving stats for Sammaster as depicted in the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy. He can detail some other characters too if he likes, but I'd love to see how he stats up that lich!

Arnwyn

First Post
Brakkart said:
Agreed on all of those, though I'd add Eric L. Boyd, Steven E. Schend and Richard Baker to the authors used. all of them have proved time and again that they really "get" the Realms.
I dispute a little of that (well, a lot for Baker; though the others do have their niche within the Realms - though certainly not in any of the products I mentioned unless I specifically mentioned their name), but I suppose I wouldn't complain too much (except Baker, maybe).
The Vilhon Reach - Chondath, Sespech, Turmish, and the city states. (recently covered in several novel series, and I'm guessing the region is gonna be put through hell during the forthcoming Watercourse trilogy when some nutcase/genius tries to build a canal from the Lake of Steam to the Reach... which would only alter half the trade routes in Faerun, and likely plunge the region into anarchy as EVERYONE tries to gain and then keep control of the canal, or simply destroy it).
Blech. FR novel junk.

Remove ads