Dream Products and Product Dream-Teams!

MulhorandSage

First Post
Razuur said:
Interesting Topic. This one made me think a lot.

If I had to pick a couple, they would probably be:

* Scott Bennie. I would love for him to do to other Mythic Vistas on other cultures around the world, in the same vein as Testament. Mythic China. Mythic India. Mythic Arabia. Mythic Native America. Mythic Meso America. If every six monthshe would come out with a new Mythic region sourcebook, I would be one happy camper.

If I could write that much text every six months (and have Spike as my editor to make it look good) *I*'d be a happy camper. :)

I think to make any of those work right, you need someone who really has a passion for the region or period. I wouldn't mind contributing to an Arabian or a Meso-American book, but I can think of at least half a dozen other people I'd hire ahead of me for each of those project. The only one close to the ones you listed that I'd really be passionate about is a mythic Northwest Indian book, and that's not a really financially viable project at this point, sad to say. :-(

Razuur

First Post
MulhorandSage said:
If I could write that much text every six months (and have Spike as my editor to make it look good) *I*'d be a happy camper. :)

I think to make any of those work right, you need someone who really has a passion for the region or period. I wouldn't mind contributing to an Arabian or a Meso-American book, but I can think of at least half a dozen other people I'd hire ahead of me for each of those project. The only one close to the ones you listed that I'd really be passionate about is a mythic Northwest Indian book, and that's not a really financially viable project at this point, sad to say. :-(

Yeah, I wish that it was financially viable.

I didn't mean to omit Spike, as he rocks too. He should have been included. I was just putting authors and projects together. I know the editor is essential. And I know that he is a great editor. I wouldn't dream of plitting you two up!

I would buy the NW american book in a second, just an FYI.

You two just had such great quality in Testament. I want to see that devotion to those other areas. I compare most products of that venue to Testament. You fellas set the bar with the mythic historical products there.

If you want to bring in a group of others to devote themselves to those other topics... so be it! (Still dreaming...)

Razuur

rogueattorney

Adventurer
My choice would be the 2nd edition of AD&D as proposed by Gary Gygax in a 1985 Dragon article, that he and Frank Mentzer were working on until they were sacked in 1987, at which point Dave Cook and Steve Winters had to start all over from ground zero.

R.A.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
rogueattorney said:
My choice would be the 2nd edition of AD&D as proposed by Gary Gygax in a 1985 Dragon article, that he and Frank Mentzer were working on until they were sacked in 1987, at which point Dave Cook and Steve Winters had to start all over from ground zero.

Absolutely! That would be interesting to see.

I think a "dream", copyright couldn't be obtained, book for me would be a long encyclopedic look at all the great literature books throughout our history. It would detail how each could be applied to gaming. Not necessarily statistics, but "magic" items, curious NPCs, storylines, locations, etc. All spelled out and with a big appendix in the back.

While we're at it, a comprehensive book covering the traditional fantasy genre and another for contemporary popular works (say last 30 years) would be nice too. I simply don't have the time to read everything. :)

Teflon Billy

Explorer
John Carter of Mars (i'd have called it Barsoom, but want to avoid confuson with the works of EN Worlds own Barsoomcore).

Written by Chris Pramas, Steve Kenson and whoever the guys who did Iron Lords of Jupiter are.

A'koss

Explorer
John Snow said:
Sword & Sorcery - A scarce-magic product with game design by Wil Upchurch and Mike Mearls, to bring some of the fun of old-fashioned pulp fantasy fiction back to fantasy gaming.
Eh, isn't Iron Heroes covering this already? I'd love to see a series/box set of adventures for Iron Heroes done by Bruce Cordell and Monte Cook.

Jupp said:
Neil Gaiman, Monte Cook and Colin McComb sitting together creating the next installment of Planescape.
I'd love to see a 3rd ed Planescape and this team could definitely do it right.

Interior artists: Neil Gaiman and Tony Diterlizzi. That would rock big.
I'd pick Wayne Reynolds and Tony Szczudlo on the art chores though.

A'koss.

Zappo

Explorer
Jupp said:
Neil Gaiman, Monte Cook and Colin McComb sitting together creating the next installment of Planescape. Interior artists: Neil Gaiman and Tony Diterlizzi. That would rock big

another one would be

Terry Pratchett, Rob Kuntz and EGG doing the "real" fun version of Castle Greyhawk
GET OUT OF MY MIND RIGHT NOW! :confused:

I'd kill someone if it could help getting either of those projects into reality.

Remove ads