drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

Velmont

First Post
Riley take out a small bag of candy out of his pocket and grabs one, putting back the bag where it was. It remove the paper from the candy. As he do that "What do you think." he asks Kelly "Do we have a fan of Anne Rice on the run?"

Riley knew better, but he wanted to know more about what Kelly was thinking. Sometimes perception can be distort, but she could have a lead in front of her and not even knowing it because she was blind to a world she wasn't aware. A world Riley had dive into it not long time ago.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I would say Riley have met everyone, but is not fully aware of the nature of everyone.[/SBLOCK]

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Good point. We can say she's heading to the bus stop, which is in the parking lot. :)

On another note, does Taylor's slayer sense note a demon tagging around her, or does she consciously have to look for one to notice it?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
FWIW, most of San Diego is quite difficult to get around in via public transportation; I imagine James normally drives. The area you're in now is something of an exception, though, largely because of UCSD and the tourist traffic. You can catch a bus from UCSD to Scripps Hospital without too much trouble. Or even walk; it's not far, especially for a slayer.

As for your demon sense, I'm going to say you get a vague low-level sense without actively looking, but you need to concentrate to pinpoint it.
[/sblock]

Riley take out a small bag of candy out of his pocket and grabs one, putting back the bag where it was. It remove the paper from the candy. As he do that "What do you think." he asks Kelly "Do we have a fan of Anne Rice on the run?"

"Not unless she's got a friend. Tox screens came back on our first two -- no illegal drugs, some alcohol, but below the legal limit -- and you've seen the files on the first three, or at least what the Navy was willing to release. I'll send you the fourth when I get it, but the executive summary is the same."

He had seen the files. They all had excellent records as far as he could see, including at least one combat tour -- and rather large sections of their records blocked out as classified. All had advanced unarmed combat training -- a rather rare thing in the Navy. Not the kind of fellows vampires grabbed for a casual snack, Riley thought; they were far too likely to put up a fight.

"Washington really wants an answer -- and it's not because one of them was some insider's kid, either. I'm getting an odd vibe on this."

jkason

First Post
Gavin Peterson

k

Gavin sighed. This was probably the only college girl he'd met who wasn't a texting fiend. Well, at least he'd passed the message along. Let the people made for hitting things hit things, he thought.

He felt instantly guilty about the thought. Thinking the Slayer was just a blunt weapon was the same as assuming he was nothing more than the hungry demon his blood would indicate. People got to be more than their component parts; that's what made them people. Gavin decided it was time he tried living up to that.

My shift's over in half an hour. Shouldn't have much problem getting you in.

drothgery

First Post
It didn't take long for a bus to arrive at the parking lot nearest to her classroom, or for that bus to get to Scripps, but Taylor still thought to herself she could have got there faster if she went full-on Slayer and ran. She couldn't outrun an elite sprinter over 100 meters, but at long distances... well, Slayer endurance helped a lot.

Taylor arrived at the hospital only a little before Gavin's shift ended.

Velmont

First Post
"OK. If I get out of that fog, I'll make a sign to you." replies Riley. He then wait a moment. He spot Gavin texting someone. He wait for him to finish before asking him. "You're the one who have carried the corpse here I guess. I have a few routine question. Let's get some coffee at the same time."

Riley lead the way out of the room to Gavin. Once both are out of ear range of Kelly, he tells. "The one who did it is not an average of his kind. We are talking about a fully train Navy soldier, even maybe some commando guys. Hard to tell as the Navy hide us some data on there standing in the Navy and past assignment. But one things is sure, those guys could have defended themselves and none of them seems to have any serious wound except the vampire bite. Who can turn fully trained soldier into sheep?"

Shalimar

First Post
Watching the Slayer get on the bus gave Gale a problem. It was one thing to be in a crowded lecture hall where she could sit in the back, but quite another to get in a bus with her since seeing her so many places would tell Taylor something strange was going on. Besides, buses were slow and stinky. It would be a challenge to do it in San Diego without being seen, but well, challenges were good Gale decided.

Reaching out with her senses, she brushed up against the closest breeze and used her abilities to harness it, to shape it to her whim, sending it swirling in the opposite direction. The Slyph smiled at the pure joy of being wrapped in air, being so light that it released her from gravity, granting total freedom to go wherever she wanted. Grinning to herself, the pixie-like little demon told the wind to take her up, up to the clouds so that she could follow along above the Slayer's bus up and out of sight where the very few humans who ever bothered to look up would be convinced she was just a figment.

Eventually the bus let the Slayer out, and Gale dismissed the wind gradually until it carried her down to a light landing in the shadow of the parking garage. What could the slayer possibly be doing in the hospital? Could she have family here? No, that wasn't right, Gale would have noticed that. It must be a lead on some kind of beastie. A beastie meant a fight, and that meant interesting, Gale thought, congratulating herself on her stick-to-it-iveness. None of the other Slyphs could have done it, stayed on one thought for a few weeks, and it really was paying off.

Gale followed the slayer into the public building, doing her best to remain inconspicuous as she tried to figure out what had drawn the girl's interest. (Stealth +5, Notice +7)

Jemal

Adventurer
After a moments thought and a bit more banter, James finally agreed to meet with Vin. Moments later, he was in his '79 Firebird heading north.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry not to post more, want to keep James' portion of the story moving, but: stuff
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I saw that. Hope you get better soon. Really hope you don't have the headache / sore throat / cough / sinus pain crud that laid me out for a week earlier this month.
[/sblock]

James
Del Mar, California

As usual, finding parking along Highyway 101 in Del Mar was a bit difficult, and nearly took more time than getting there. Vin was in the back corner of the outdoor area, sipping a Margarita when James arrived, wearing a long but light and loose coat that was a little too warm for early fall in San Diego, but not enough to get commented on.

"So, the girl." Vin said.

"I don't know much about her, but what I do know is bad news. About ten years ago one of the local vampires decided a cute schoolgirl would make a nice snack, then decided she was pretty enough to turn into a playmate. A month later he was dust, she was running his gang, and getting friendly with Wolfram & Hart lawyers. These days she's an assassin, which was probably why your other contacts dried up. A good one, too; if she left bodies lying around, then she meant to. She calls herself Li; I don't know if that was the name she was born with or not.

"Me, I figure someone didn't realize how much trouble killing sailors would cause in this town. I'm thinking if it goes on long enough, we'll end up swarmed with those government lunatics that were in Sunnydale a few years back, and that didn't turn out well for anybody."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Riley]
There's something that's been bugging you since you saw the first picture of your suspect that the sketch artist put together. You're not sure what, though.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Gavin Peterson

"The one who did it is not an average of his kind. We are talking about a fully train Navy soldier, even maybe some commando guys. Hard to tell as the Navy hide us some data on there standing in the Navy and past assignment. But one things is sure, those guys could have defended themselves and none of them seems to have any serious wound except the vampire bite. Who can turn fully trained soldier into sheep?"

Gavin frowns.

"No idea, though the thought's sure as heck shivver-worthy. I know Taylor's coming to check out the body, not sure if James will be with her. He'd be the one who might be able to say if there's a special vamp he knows about."

Remove ads