drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor got off the bus and trotted into the hospital to find Gavin when she felt it again. That subtle sense that something was off. Her heart sped up a notch, and she kept looking around without even meaning to. She didn't think she was just feeling Gavin. She'd started getting semi-used to him. It'd been at the school, though the episode with Dawn and then the text had put it out of her head. Then on the bus, nothing. Now here it was again.

So she went into the hospital tense and on edge to look for Gavin and see what was bothering him so much.

drothgery

First Post
It was kind of depressing, Taylor thought, that she knew the way to the morgue in most of San Diego's hospitals by now. And how to talk or slip her way past the procedures that were designed to keep the general public out.

She didn't have much trouble finding Gavin, though it looked like he was talking to Riley, and a nurse and a Hispanic woman who looked kind of lawyer-ish weren't too far away.

Shalimar

First Post
Gale followed Taylor into the building and almost immediately ran into the problem that had precluded her from riding the bus with the girl, an enclosed space was a lot harder to be inconspicuous in. A large crowded lecture hall was one thing, hospital corridors were something else, and she'd have to trail behind the girl much closer, only a few dozen feet back instead of hundreds of feet above.

More challenging to the little Slyph than the closeness though was the busyness of the building, it was an interesting place, a noisy place. Beep, beep, beep went heart monitors. There were dozens of sights, smells, and sounds to distract Gale, and her head swerved from one to the next until she was able to remind herself of why she was at the hospital. With effort she began to follow Taylor again.

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor had to work very hard to keep walking normally to the morgue, where she assumed Gavin would be. She was pretty sure she knew who was stalking her. In the mirrors they set up in the corners of the halls so you could see when gurneys were coming, she'd gotten a look...if distorted...of a girl who was probably at about the right distance for the itch she was feeling. Another few turns proved it. That girl was following her.

But she couldn't just whirl around and do battle with the dark forces in the middle of a hospital. Finesse was called for. In her favor, she didn't think a demon would want to attract that kind of attention either, so right now it was just seeing what she was up to. Maybe working for something else, keeping tabs on her.

She tells the nurse on duty that she's a pre-med student here to see one of the doctors about a project. Once she sees Gavin there, she quickly draws near him and says quietly, "I'm being followed," before more loudly greeting him with, "Got your text. What's up?"

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Considering I'm essentially a few hours in the future, should I wait a bit before continuing? James'll probably end up contacting Taylor, or vice versa, at some point so I don't wanna throw the 'time stream' too out of whack. :)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Once she sees Gavin there, she quickly draws near him and says quietly, "I'm being followed," before more loudly greeting him with, "Got your text. What's up?"

Gavin starts, but composes himself enough not to blithely look around and show his hand to whomever was following Taylor. With the other agent close by, though, he's a bit nervous about drawing too much attention, so he picks up Taylor's nonchalance.

"Oh, hi! Glad you could make it. Riley, you remember Taylor, one of our ... candy-stri ... um ... student interns?"

"I found something that fits her specialty. Thought I'd be a pal and show it to her. You're welcome to come with if you'd like."

As he speaks, Gavin tries to pick out the tail. He doesn't have Taylor's senses when it comes to demons, but he's met a few just by way of trying to figure out what parts of town to avoid. He hopes he'll recognize what this one is.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Considering I'm essentially a few hours in the future, should I wait a bit before continuing? James'll probably end up contacting Taylor, or vice versa, at some point so I don't wanna throw the 'time stream' too out of whack. :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
If you want to ask Vin any questions, go ahead, but if you want to move on, yeah, you probably should wait.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, I remember her. As the corpse is under investigation, I won't allow her to touch the body, only look at it." tells Riley on his normal tone. He whisper after that "until we are alone at least."

Remove ads