DT's Saga of the Dragon Cult (Standing Stones)

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Half-Orc Cleric 4 and Brick, Small Earth vElemental

Grok charges and attacks with his longspear. Brick slams. Grok's AC due to charge 15. Brick AC 17.

YES!!! 19 HP damage to the cleric.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Grok's Sheet

[sblock=Brick the Small Earth Elemental]
Name: Brick
Alignment: C/G
AC: 17
HP: 19 [2d10+2] (rolled in post # 197)
BAB: +2
CMB: +4
CMD: 13
Melee: Slam +6 (1d6+4)
Earth Mastery: +1 Att & Dam if both elemental and its opponent are touching the ground.
Init: -1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The priest falls in a pool of blood, but cackles as he struggles to hold his spilling guts back into his body, "Too late fools. Too late for the soul of your friend. Too late for the soul of the innocent Myashtalnder, who will join him in the Far Realms when he is executed come morning. Too late for you, too, when Pyraxus rises."

With that his eyes glaze over and he dies with a smile on his face. With his death, the weird storm ceases and the skies clear, though you can still feel the residual power vibrating from the nearby pillars of this place. You have one clue...

Garland's Fork...

OOC: Combat is over. I'm planning to wrap this up after you finish your own thoughts and discussions in character.

Amaury

First Post
Rosalia was very frustrated having failed everything she had attempted: not managing to come discreetly for a backstab, not noticing he was armed, not managing to hit the raven as it escaped to play some dark role for his master.

She joins the others by the cleric's dead body.

"Pfff.. what was going on??! This storm, these ravens! I think the priest is right.. we're too late, aren't we? We stopped his action but it seems there's more to come.. He said Gatland's Fork.. Should we head that way??

She then kneels down as she finishes her sentence and starts checking the priest for any valuables or clues.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Sir Roderick lost his life fighting this dark entity. I will not rest until it is vanquished."

He looks to Rosalia, choosing his words carefully.

"Let us continue this fight in his honor, shall we?"

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Half-Orc Cleric 4 and Brick, Small Earth vElemental

"Hmm, Grok say him 'Yes,' to avenge him friend Roderick more. We keep killing evil buggers 'til get tired. Then rest some and start again. Keep doing 'til all dead everywhere."

Brick just sniles and nods.

Grok's Sheet

[sblock=Brick the Small Earth Elemental]
Name: Brick
Alignment: C/G
AC: 17
HP: 19 [2d10+2] (rolled in post # 197)
BAB: +2
CMB: +4
CMD: 13
Melee: Slam +6 (1d6+4)
Earth Mastery: +1 Att & Dam if both elemental and its opponent are touching the ground.
Init: -1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As you all consciously discuss tracking down and rooting out this evil, a rainbow bolt of scintillating energy erupts from the pillars and strikes your characters. The weapons of your warriors glow for an instance, only to be replaced with finer version. So does Rosalia's clothing, and a ring appears on the hand of John. You pat yourselves and your clothing as you take in the differences.

Some combination of the blessings of the nature spirits that infuse this place and the chaotic powers that were being used here has had a dramatic effect.

OOC: You can't go on with the mundane equipment you have, as you only received a few items from the last adventure, and this one. Describe them as you wish, if you want to get fancy.

- Roque is now level 5, and his lance, daggers, and javelins are increased to +1 magical weapons.

- Grok is now level 5. His longspear, Sling, and Heavy Mace are increased to +1 magical weapons. His scale mail becomes +1, as well as his wooden shield (now a Heavy Darkwood Shield +1). He also finds a Wand of Cure Light Wounds in his pack with 50 charges.

- Rosalia is now level 5. Her rapier, shortbow, dagger and 20 arrows are now all +1. Her leather armor also becomes +1. She now has Elven Boots.

- Scrag advances a level. His greataxe, longbow, 17 arrows all become +1. His leather armor becomes a +1 magic armor. I'll have to work this myself, unless we get someone to play Scrag.

- John advances to level 5. His melee weapon increases to +1. He has a Wand of Magic Missiles (Level 5 caster) with 50 charges found on his hip. He also finds a Ring of Protection +3 has wrapped itself around his finger.

Scott DeWar

John looks at the ring that appears on his finger and suddenly his eyes are aglow with wide eyed child like wonderment! the ring is of Iron, in the same likeness as his grandfather's staff, with a motif if a rose on the outward facing edge and a wrapping of thorny stems and leaves around the rest - just like the staff!!!

He balls his fists and places them on his hips only to be surprised of the wand on his left side in a holster, the leather of which is tooled in the same rose and thorns of the staff and ring.

Amaury

First Post
Rosalia readied her shortbow as yet another elemental or chaotic force unleashed! She emited a little "Yeeeeh" as some energy flows surrounded her before moving though her, making her feel a little dizzy but also invigorated.

Her wounds closed all of a sudden and she then noticed that she felt good and that her equipment had changed!

She saw the Elven boots. "Oooh, look what happened! My boots, they, they've changed! Hum, nice leather.. and look at the lining.. good work.. How strange..
Oh, and my weapons.. My rapier is lighter I'd swear..

Rosalia was like a kid, trying her weapons and making appreciative comments. "It's like we've been blessed by this place... I hope there is no curse involved.."

Once she's done, she made sure her hair was all tied together properly and she asked: "So anyone knows where that place is??"

OOC: know geo
[roll0]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rosalia remembers that Garland's Fork is near a swampy land, called the Great Swamp. For centuries, the Great Swamp has hidden hints of an ancient culture of barbarian kings. While passing through this miserable bog, travelers hear of a great corruption that once infested this place, destroying the savage barbarian kings and leaving only mighty statues as their legacy.

Scott DeWar

"It is a place that amplifies divination magic, But I suspect that the orc there may have corrupted it with some sort of chaotic energies."

Remove ads