• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
This is the game thread for the Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path — set in my homebrew world, the idea is that we'll go through as many of these modules as possible, up until the point where we stop having fun with it. I'd like to finish all of them, but we'll start out with getting through Life's Bazaar.

The OOC thread can be found here.
The characters can be found over here.
A map of my world can be found here — Cauldron is the black splotch in the southern mountain range.

The current party is:
* Carrach Kozat, Hobgoblin Rgr2 (Douane)
* Rothgar, Hobgoblin Pal2 of Heironeous (rangerjohn)
* Sando Scrapfinder, Gnome Rog2 (Argent)
* Vorik, Human Wiz2 (gordonknox) *on autopilot*
* Cassandra Moonshadow, Human PsyW2 (Thels)

NPCs in play:
* Tekk Dolgtvari, Swamp Dwarf Clr2 of St. Cuthbert (originally played by Someone)

Missing in Action:
* Liandra Ilvarya, Elf Brd2 (originally played by Jalon Odessa), disappeared in Jzadirune
* Qoll Eroe, Human Clr2 of Wee Jas (originally played by Dog Faced God), disappeared in Jzadirune

Inactive party members:
* Geebo Kozolin, Gnome Rog1 (GWolf), left Cauldron to attend to other business
* Hu'ka Gnishrak, Canis Kobold Sor1 (Ascending Crane), watching over the orphans at the Lantern Street Orphanage

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Chapter One: Gone in the Night

13 Leaffall 406

Carrach, Rothgar, and Liandra — You have finally entered Cauldron's westernmost gate after a long journey from Arándhe. After settling with the caravan master, the three of you find yourself left to your own devices. His last words as he headed off to take care of his drovers and merchandise were that you should "seek room and board at the Drunken Morkoth — it's just north of here. The innkeep is good people!" And with that, he was gone, leaving you to find the Morkoth on your own...

Hu'ka and Qoll — It's been a long day and the onset of night brings it to a welcome close. Dinner and at least an hour's rest over at the Drunken Morkoth Inn should serve you each well. As you (Hu'ka) get closer to the Morkoth, you can spot the shape of Qoll ahead of you...

Geebo — Dinner at the Morkoth was very good — far better than anything you've had since before Floodrun. Otherwise, it's time to get to work — rarely does food just appear on your table. You step outside...

For Everyone — A steady drizzle falls from the sky, and the crowded buildings, slick with rain, seem rather bleak this evening. Even in this section of Cauldron, apparently a rather good section, things have a worn down air. The occasional house has a candle lit in the window, but most of the shutters have been drawn. The citizens of Cauldron have gotten off the streets, leaving them empty and quiet. The rain starts to come down a little bit heavier, and you begin to feel how cold it actually is. The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and water runs off the rooftops and into the alleys. As the rain comes down harder, the cobblestone begin to get slick and muddy, with pools of sooty water gathering in various places on the streets.

A sudden, plaintive cry for help splits the night. It comes from somewhere within the city, in the area inside the western gate...

OOCFirst order of business — where's that "plaintive cry" coming from? For the two hobgoblins and the elf, it sounds like it's due east of you. For the gnome, canis, and cleric, it's a little south and a little east. None of you are certain for sure. Initiative has been rolled to determine who reacts first and the order is:

Liandra [roll of 16 + 2 Init] 18
Geebo [roll of 11 + 2 Init] 13
Carrach [roll of 9 + 1 Init] 10
Hu'ka [roll of 10 + 0 Init] 10
Rothgar [roll of 2 + 1 Init] 3
Qoll [roll of 1 + 0 Init] 1

Carrach moves before Hu'ka because of a higher dexterity.

Second order of business — Assumptions made per OOC thread: Hu'ka has spent the day tying up loose ends as he starts a new chapter of his life. As night falls, he's heading over to the Drunken Morkoth to see visit with Qoll Eroe. Qoll has spent the day at his former house and is headed back to the Morkoth to clean up and get some food. Geebo is likely getting ready to go to work (this was the last bit of information that was posted in that thread relating to Geebo's actions), and has probably finished eating his dinner — likely at the Drunken Morkoth. Why the Morkoth? Largest inn in town, has the best food. I won't be doing this, generally speaking, but I wanted to kind of nudge things along and start off with a bang.

See the OOC thread for other business!

Ascending Crane

First Post
Hu'ka quickly looks to the southeast, nose quivering and sniffing the air. He turns back to where he sees Qoll and barks out an alarm.

"Qoll Eroe! Over here! Someone is hurt!" Hu'ka starts to move towards the disturbance, risking a look back to see if his ally is following.

OOC: I'll head towards the sound, double move. I'll be sniffing the air for trouble, but Hu'ka is thinking some foolish human slipped in a puddle and is cradling a broken arm or somesuch.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Rothgar looks to his recent travelling companions "did you hear that? Come mischief is afoot!" But he is slow to get there himself, he appears to be having trouble with the slick mud.

Douane

First Post
Carrach motions his two companions to be silent, trying to listen for any other sounds. At the same time he draws his longsword to be prepared for possible trouble. If he hears nothing further, he advances cautiously into the direction of the scream.

[OoC: Carrach will try to make a listen check as described above. He will then proceed to move towards the origin of the sound.]

Jalon Odessa

First Post
'Indeed Rothgar, I'm certain I heard a cry of some sort. I knew that Cauldron would be exciting, but I didn't expect trouble to find me quite so quickly.'

Liandra keeps pace with Carrach, drawing her longbow whilst advancing steadily, and keeping an ear out for any more sounds.

GWolf

First Post
I should find out whos crying for help. Hopefully its not one of my employers targets, because that would mean he either double booked the job, or someone is trying to steal it from me....or it may just be someone who needs help...

Geebo walks out of the inn and begins to jog at a moderate pace to wear he heard the sound.

Old Fezziwig

Pinpointing the direction of the cry is rather easy. Weaving through the densely packed buildings, you find that its source in a misty alley between Obsidian Avenue and Magma Avenue.

Three figures are assaulting a fourth, who lies face down on the wet cobblestones. You can hear the awful sound of boot hitting ribs as two of these men work over the victim while the third stands watch. One of the attackers lifts up the victim by the hood of his cloak and slams him against a wall — "Stay away from the orphanage, you got that?"

Liandra arrives first, staggers a bit on the wet cobblestone, and kicks over a potted plant next to one of the buildings. The third man wheels around at the sound of the breaking pot — "Hey, you two, we got some company!" The other two men drop the victim and turn to face you. All three ruffians draw their swords and look at you, waiting, one of them snarling, "Bugger off, eh?"

OOC: Initiative order remains the same. Please frame your actions in context of what you do if a fight breaks out and what you do if it does not by your turn...

Liandra 18
Geebo 13
Carrach 10
Hu'ka 10
Rothgar 3
Qoll 1

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Here's a map of the situation:

Attachments

• in the alley.jpg
    in the alley.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 658

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads