• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar, Pt. II

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"What is it with you people? Can't I draw a breath before I'm questioned about things I have yet to look at?" Sando says and takes his time looking at the keys and Keyring. Do they match the key he already has?

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Vorik smiles, not unkindly, and starts down the tunnels behind the rest.

Sando: Actually, no. Where the key you found on the creature's corpse was a slim, rectangular rod, the keys on this ring are far more typical, although they look like some sort of skeleton key to your eye. There's no doubt that they won't open the gear-shaped doors in Jzadirune.

Douane

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
This branch leads north into a small room with a dozen cots and small chests. Cobwebs dominate the room and tiny spiders scurry about. Stony rubble covers the floor where the tunnel spills into the room. A sunrod lies on the floor in the middle of the room, it's golden tip casting enough light to make lurid shadows dance upon the walls.

* Oh, just look at this! Seems we have company around! *

Carrach sneaks forward till he is within circa one meter of the tunnel's exit into the room. Stopping there, he crouches down and listens intently if he can perceive anything from the room in front of him.

(If Carrach hears nothing he will examine the floor (and then the rest) of the room visually from his current position to check for tracks of any kind.)

Douane

First Post
* These ..., whatever they are, are sneaky indeed! *

Carrach edges backwards to the start of the side branch he is in and quickly checks the main tunnel for the rest of the group (besides Tekk), immediately returning his full attention to the room at the end of the branch in front of him.

[OoC: I assume, he also doesn't hear anything, right?]

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Carrach: You see that the rest of the group is in various places in the tunnel, with Sando, Cassandra, and Rothgar in back, Tekk at the side-tunnel, and Vorik between Tekk and the other three.

OOC for Carrach: He didn't hear anything. Sorry I wasn't clearer :eek:

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Waving to the others to hurry up, Tekk whispers back to them.

"H..h..hurry up...w...w..we don't n..n..need to get s..sep..separated."

As he sees Carrach look back towards him, Tekk whispers up to him as well.

"Is..is..is everything alright?"

Douane

First Post
"No, probably not," Carrach whispers back without turning.

"My guess is that we have another bunch of those creatures in front of us and I've no idea how large their number could be. Thus I certainly won't let them stay around to catch us in the flank later on. We have to deal with them now!

Probably best if . . . By the Icy Wastes, what is this?" he cries out when he catches sight of the 'disguised' Sando at the edge of his vision.

"Rargh!" Carrach growls as the truth finally hits him just before he moves to the attack. "Truly no time for one of your jokes, Sando ..."

"So, now that we are all here, this is the plan: You, Cassandra, will guard the entrance to the northern branch while the rest of us moves in. My brother and I go first, with Sando and Tekk bringing up the second line. Vorik, you stay inside the tunnel, ready to intervene on either our our Cassandra's behalf.

Everyone got this? No question? Good! Let's go!"

Verbatim

Explorer
Falling into place beside Sando, Tekk waits for Carrach and Rothgar to take a few steps foward before smiling at his "disguised" companion.

"N..n..nice look S..S..Sando."

Walking foward as quietly as he can, Tekk strains his ears to hear any "ambush" that the others might have walked into.

Remove ads