• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar, Pt. II

Douane

First Post
"Hey, Sando, could you please step away from there?!

No sense in taking any stupid risks!"

Carrach looks quickly around, especially back into the hallway, to check whether anything unusual happened elsewhere. If he discovers nothing, Carrach turns back to adress the group.

"The tunnels it is, but didn't we arrive at conclusion already?" (Carrach glances sidewards at Sando.) "We'll be taking the one tunnel going east, as I don't like the lay of the rooms in the west. Indoors stairs, this just screams of staterooms and I don't think we need to meet whatever "resides" there, unless absolutely necessary.

Marching order: I'm taking point, followed by Sando. Tekk and Vorik in the middle with my brother bringing up the rear and Cassandra between them.

Okay? So, let's go!"

"And before I forget it: Sando, hand that key over! We don't want another accident like this, do we?"

[OoC: Sorry for the mess, KL. This should teach me to read with more attention to details. Man, twice in a row! This just wasn't my week. :( ]

Verbatim

Explorer
Retightening his grip on his mace, Tekk nods at Carrach's plan and as the others move out, Tekk whispers up to Sando.

"D..d..don't worry t..t..too much Sando l..l..luckily no one was h..h..hurt this time."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
You exit the map room through the door you came in. At Carrach's behest, you turn right into a lightly furnished room. A cot is against the northeast wall and a wooden chest with a dented lantern sits next to it. The lantern is lit, a sliver of light escaping from its shutters and lighting the room. Rats, burnt tindertwigs, and broken stone litter the floor. A five-foot diameter tunnel carves its way into darkness from the eastern wall.

The tunnels themselves are rough and narrow, making life difficult for the party's broader members. It heads east five feet, turns north for about twice that, and then back east. One side tunnel heads off to the south about fifteen feet ahead of the second turn, with another heading to the north five feet after that. The main tunnel continues off into the darkness in the east.

OOC: Basically, the party left the map room to the north, took an immediate right just south of the pit, then went through the eastern tunnels.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Sando takes a moment and looks around. "The lantern is lit. Someone's nearby." He says and decides to pick the lock on the chest (if any) and see what's inside.

Verbatim

Explorer
While Sando examines the chest, Tekk approaches the tunnel on the far wall and examines it, trying to keep the chances of an ambush to a minimum.

Douane

First Post
"Pardon me, but what do you think this is? A scavenger hunt?" Carrach looks flabberghasted at Sando's doings.

"You can plunder to your heart's content once we get the little ones back, but until that, we are not going to waste with this, understood?!"

Carrach turns to delve deeper into the tunnels, but stops suddenly once again.

"And as to the lantern, it should quite obvious that our "friends" came through this room. Probably they left that lantern here, lest it spoil their chance of surprising us. Not that it did them any good. So, onwards now."

Carrach sneaks forward cautiously, sword in his right hand and left hand empty, always checking the tunnel 'round him for anything out-of-place. He will stop five feet before the first branching-off, crouch down and listen for anything unusual.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
As their fiery "leader" passed by him going into the tunnel, Tekk will try to follow him moving as quietly as he can, his mace also at the ready should something happen.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Sando: The chest is unlocked and untrapped. Opening it, you find a pair of dark robes, 3 sunrods, a couple flasks of oil, 2 tindertwigs, a thunderstone, a ceramic mask sculpted to look like an anguished gnome with rabbit ears, a silver ring, and an elaborately designed silver ewer set with moss agates. You also see a ring of skeleton keys on a silver ring attached to a leather strap on the inside of the chest's lid.

Carrach and Tekk: You hear and find nothing unusual. The tunnels are dirty and rough; it seems likely that they were made recently.

Remove ads