• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Carrach: You noodle around the southern end of the corridor [Track feat, Survival check, roll of 13 on d20, +5 skill ranks, +1 Wis, +2 synergy with Search, total 21, success]. The tracks of the creatures lead south and then split, one pair coming from the west, seemingly through a gear-shaped doorway (roughly fifty feet south of the party's location at the start of combat). The other pair continues to head south for another ten feet before the tracks disappear. The hall continues on for another twenty feet before ending in a wall, with a door to the east and another to the west.

Douane

First Post
Startled by the disappearance of the tracks he was following Carrach stops dead in his tracks.

* I wonder were it came from, up or down? *

Carrach will inspect the ceiling of the corridor as good as he can (probably only visually). If he can perceive nothing there he takes a thorough look at the floor where the tracks disappeared. Under no circumstances will he go further down the hall than the actual tracks go.

[OoC: Is there anything unusual about the tracks themselves? Do they disappear (or more properly appear) in midstride, or they are smeared as if the creature making them jumped down from a height? Or anything irregular?]

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Carrach: The tracks are normal—they match the feet of the slain creatures almost perfectly. The last footprint you see is a partial footprint; only the prints of the ball of the foot and the toes are visible. You notice nothing on the ceiling, nor do you notice anything particularly unusual about the floor. This segment of floor is noticeably cleaner than the rest of the floor.

Douane

First Post
* Strange! Something's definitely amiss here! *

"Everyone stay behind me!" Carrach calls over his shoulder.

Drawing his dagger, he will use its hilt to test whether something separates the part of the corridor in front of him from the part where the tracks can be found, perhaps something like that "glass-stuff" the city-dwellers are so fond of using.

If there's nothing separating the two parts Carrach will, very cautionsly, lean over and poke the clean floor with the blade of his dagger, perhaps a foot from the imagined "separation line".

Old Fezziwig

Carrach: You do find a separation, but it isn't clear whether or not the separation is because of a trap or because of the nature of the stonework floors in Jzadirune.

Someone

Adventurer
I didn´t find the OOC thread, so I´ll post it here. I must leave the game for several reasons. I´d wish I could continue, but that´s not possible now; I´m sorry to have to leave you this way.

Douane

First Post
* Strange coincidence, isn't it? Good thing I still have some conscious memories of my former life and recall how the border fortresses of my people used to be secured. These creatures probably came from below through this trapdoor, though the absolute silence of this very act remains a mystery to me. ... Oh well, it was probably more due to the high level of 'ambient noise' than anything else. [sigh] *

"What?" Carrach turns halfway, his train of thoughts interrupted by Sando.

"Ah, yes, I was just thinking of asking for your advice on this, Sando. Considering that at least every ..., well, most doors in this complex are trapped, I assume the part of the hallway in front of us a be a trapdoor, but it's been some time since I had anything to do with such devices. Perhaps your own 'expertise' might be a bit more useful on this than mine."

[OoC: Yay!!! After two days of trying I finally got my post through! :) ]

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Sando: There's a trapdoor, surely, but whether it's a trap or an exit, you're not certain.

OOC: Sorry that you couldn't stay with us, Someone. If things clear back up, let me know. We can work you back in. For now, I'll run Tekk as an NPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads