• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar, Pt. II

Thels

First Post
"It's Cass! You're not one to call me Cassandra." Cassandra replies to the hobgoblin. "But if that means I don't need to quarry with you about who stands where," she continues, "then I'm okay with it. Just don't get in my way and I'll be fine."

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Carrach: You enter the room a short way, but see and hear nothing until you see a blur to your right and feel the bite of a sword in your left thigh. [2 damage]

Initiative
Sando 19 [roll of 17 on d20, +2 Init, total 19]
Skulk 17
Vorik 15 [roll of 14 on d20, +1 Init, total 15]
Cassandra 13 [roll of 11 on d20, +2 Init, total 13]
Carrach 11 [roll of 10 on d20, +1 Init, total 11]
Rothgar 10 [roll of 9 on d20, +1 Init, total 10]
Tekk 7 [roll of 7 on d20, +0 Init, total 7]

OOC: No one is surprised here, mostly because you were expecting an ambush. Carrach simply didn't spot the skulk (I think Rothgar called them skulks a while ago) until it was far too late. It should be noted on the image I'm about to link to that "Ca" is Carrach and "Cs" is Cassandra. Given the length and width of the tunnels, this is the best I could do with Douane's instructions for character placement. Remember that you can move through friendly squares.

map1.jpg

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC:I don't think your dice like Rothgar. He has yet to get a decent iniative.

IC: Rothgar moves to B7 and attacks the skulk, unless more pop up in the mean time.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
As he heard the result of the cloaked creature striking at Carrach, Tekk tried to get closer, but the long legs of his companions carried them into the fray quicker.

Rounding the corner last, Tekk saw his opening behind the creature and advanced as quickly as he could towards it.

OOC: Tekk will move behind the skulk in square D8.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
"Rarrrgh, not again!" Carrach roars in disgust.

Confident that his strength will help to batter down the creature's defenses, he places his left paw on the the sword's hilt and starts pounding away while his companions get into position.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Sando moves through the room towards the back, looking down the exit tunnel (it's another tubular tunnel, roughly 5 ft. in diameter). The creature that attacked Carrach does so again, slashing into the hobgoblin with his sword [5 damage]. Cassandra steps into the space vacated by Sando, swinging at the skulk with her spiked chain [roll of 1 on d20, automatic failure and possible fumble; roll of 5 on d20 against DC 10, +2 Reflex, total 7, failure], but missing and getting it caught in the rubble somehow.

Vorik, having waited until after Cassandra moved to move, moves forward into the spot behind her as Carrach hammers at the skulk, hitting it squarely in the shoulder [roll of 16 on d20, +4 melee, total 20, hit; roll of 3 on 1d8, +2 Str, total 5 damage]. A thick, dark blood oozes out of the creature's shoulder. Rothgar, slipping deftly through the melee and into a space alongside his fellow hobgoblin, sliding his sword into the skulk's side [roll of 10 on d20, +4 melee, total 14, hit; roll of 6 on d20, +2 Str, total 8 damage]. The skulk falls to the floor, unconscious. Tekk moves calmly into the room, to a spot just beyond the body, he looks around the room but sees nothing.

OOC: No map attached, as the monster's been defeated. I made some things up as I went along, but nothing too severe, I hope. Apologies for the late move. I've changed back to the Excel map, as I can manipulate it more quickly than I can manipulate the Photoshop map, which means faster moves.

Thels

First Post
As Cassandra frees her weapon from the rubble, she looks angry around at Carrach. "Not a word!", she snarls at him.

Remove ads