Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Shayuri

First Post
"Secret caches of gold is why we're here," Sulannus reminds Rejik irritably. She looks at the sarcophagus and nods slowly. "I expect we recently killed whoever was in here...again. A favored servant perhaps. Favored enough to have a casket here, but not so much to ward off undeath."

She shakes her head.

"Fine, lets continue exploring. We can always come back here if we don't find anything."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Now that his allies have swept and cleared the tomb chambers, Tock moves to the door at the southern exit, where they have yet to explore.

He carefully and gently pushes the door, testing if it is locked, barred, or just stuck...

Li Shenron

Legend
Now that his allies have swept and cleared the tomb chambers, Tock moves to the door at the southern exit, where they have yet to explore.

He carefully and gently pushes the door, testing if it is locked, barred, or just stuck...

The door is locked. It's a fairly solid wooden door with no window. You can see from the keyhole that a key is inserted from the other side.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Having already taken a look into the open sarcophagus, Aeiyan wanders around that room looking for other exits, passages, hidden doors, and openable objects generally, taking his torch with him as he goes. He also looks at the ceiling and at the floor.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"My friends, it seems the way ahead is barred. This door is locked from the other side. Unless anyone has any other ideas, it seems that we must force our way through." Tock reports back to the group.

wedgeski

Adventurer
"My friends, it seems the way ahead is barred. This door is locked from the other side. Unless anyone has any other ideas, it seems that we must force our way through." Tock reports back to the group.
Rejik gestures at the door. "Couldn't have said it better myself. Lean in and I'll give you a hand."

[OOC: Rejik will contribute in the effort to force the door, Str check (sigh): 1d20+2=4]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bartleby turns to Sulannus, and asks, "Is there not some wizard's spell that would let you turn the key, as if your Mage's Hand were on the other side of the door?"

Edit: if the answer's no, then Bartleby can try to help with the pushing, but (1d20+2=3!) he is not going to be much help.

Li Shenron

Legend
Having already taken a look into the open sarcophagus, Aeiyan wanders around that room looking for other exits, passages, hidden doors, and openable objects generally, taking his torch with him as he goes. He also looks at the ceiling and at the floor.

An Intelligence(Investigation) check is in order :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: Aeiyan's Intelligence (Investigation) check -- with INT mod. of 0, and without Proficiency: ]

1d20 -> [2] = (2)
Link http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4596369/
BBCode 1d20=2

[OOC: Yeah, that's basically hopeless.]

Aeiyan declares to the rest of the group, "I cannot find any signs of hidden doors or the like in this room."

He then returns to the room of three sarcophagi and talks with Bartleby and Tock for a bit. "I have a blanket," he says helpfully. "Is there a gap under that locked door tall enough for me to slide my blanket below the key on the other side, from this side? Maybe we could wiggle the key loose from this side, and let the key drop onto the blanket."

He thinks for a while more. "It would have to be a big gap, though, to let both blanket and key pass under the door at the same time. . . . "

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: Notabene -- is this our lucky day? We have just had ability checks of 4 (Tock), 3 (Bartleby), and 2 (Aeiyan) in a row. Does anyone want to go for a 1 next?] :)

Remove ads