• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

James McMurray

First Post
Also not that anyone else might like this. But I was wondering if you could keep the Basic Melee and Ranged attacks on the 1st page and then move some of the stuff from the 2nd page to the 1st. Then have all of the powers when chosen auto populate and calculate on a separate powers sheet. That is basically how I function now. front page character sheet and a separate sheet for all the powers.

Check out this thread. I'm at this moment working on adding that to the sheet.

MwaO

Adventurer
Not sure if the same person is responsible for the newest version of the sheet(the one with the FR preview information), but it seems a little buggy now in the skill area.

I took Pact Initiate, it didn't give me an extra skill like it used to do.

Baldur's Gate regional didn't give me the correct skill access. Most of the regions seemed to mess this up. When I took BG with a Paladin, it put Thievery into my class skill access instead of Streetwise.

Arbanax

First Post
HI all, Infocynic, don't know if this has come up (it would great if there was a faq somewhere since I can't pay to search this thread) but how do you fill in the weapons section under equipment. I've got everything else in just great, but the drop down is blank and I can't type in my weapon choices?

Thanks mate, the sheet is brilliant, once you get the hang of it just brilliant.

Thanks

Ab

HI all, Infocynic, don't know if this has come up (it would great if there was a faq somewhere since I can't pay to search this thread) but how do you fill in the weapons section under equipment. I've got everything else in just great, but the drop down is blank and I can't type in my weapon choices?

Thanks mate, the sheet is brilliant, once you get the hang of it just brilliant.

Thanks

Ab
If it makes you feel better, I didn't know, but I looked for you. :)

If you give your weapon a NAME under Attacks (by the attack bonus), for example, you could name your shortsword "Sting" or your longbow "Steve's Longbow" or your greataxe "Axe of DOOM!!!", then these names will show up in the Weapon 1 dropdown.

The weapon 2 and 3 fields are free entry (probably a bug to be corrected later).

To the authors: These fields may also benefit from having the error message supressed (this feature could be used elsewhere in place of seperate override fields): In Excel 2003, go to Data -> Validation and then click the Error Alert field and clear the checkbox. This will allow users to use the dropdown or type any other value they'd like. Another step I'd take with these is the create a separate list (hidden somewhere) that checks for blank weapon names and copies the weapon/implement choice as the option then. For example, if I have a Dagger but don't give it a name like "Pointy Thing", then Dagger would be placed in this hidden list, and then use that hidden list for data validation purposes.

James McMurray

First Post
With any luck it'll be done by Monday, but more likely Wednesday. I was hoping to have it done by today, but parsing all the possible permutations of keywords turned out to be more than I'd bargained for. I'd actually expected the conversion of [W] to be more work, but it was pretty straightforward.

Speaking of [W], it'll also handle [OHW] for off hand weapon damage, unless someone has a better idea than creating a new tag?

dburras

First Post
Thanks for this great tool. Best one I've found so far. One thing I noticed is that both Passive Arcana and Passive Nature on the Initiative card both appear to point to AC instead of the normal check bonuses. I may have missed a fix in previous posts, so if there is one if someone wouldn't mind passing it on, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise it's been a great tool, keep up the good work!

James McMurray

First Post
Thanks for this great tool. Best one I've found so far. One thing I noticed is that both Passive Arcana and Passive Nature on the Initiative card both appear to point to AC instead of the normal check bonuses. I may have missed a fix in previous posts, so if there is one if someone wouldn't mind passing it on, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise it's been a great tool, keep up the good work!

Unprotect the sheet and change them to

=SArcana + 10
=SNature + 10

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads