• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

Drabix

First Post
v1.12 bug. Weapon proficiency for a wizard is wrong. Looks like cell V154 on Class overview sheet is referencing the rogue list instead of the wizard list. I haven't noticed this mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:

str 8 character wielding a dagger is shown to do 1d4 damage on a basic melee attack. This should be 1d4-1
Confirmed bug in 1.12d. Unhide Transport Attack and change C4 to =IF(OR(NOT(C6),ISERROR(C13)),Attacks!E40,C13)&IF((C10+C11)<>0,IF(C12,"+","")&(C10+C11),"")

(The only actual change in this formula is changing that > near the end into a <>).

Copy this formula in E4, G4, etc. Rehide Transport Attack. Since it's a minor bug that affects only a few few users (who actually makes attacks at -1? Wizards making OAs maybe? :)), I'm not going to post a corrected version.

Pblade

First Post
Here's an odd bug -

As a exercise in seeing changes over time, I was walking through the Teleporter in the newest Character Concepts article. Upon hitting 17th level, I couldn't see Bewitching Whispers as an option to swap out. It *does* show up as a 23rd level option, however. I don't see why the formula is doing this.:erm:

Oh, and I'm just curious why these sheets are saved as spreadsheets instead of templates? These seem a prime choice for them.

Thanks to everyone who whipped this up. I'm actually using the 2007 compatibility patch on Excel 2k, and the only weirdness is having to tweak conditional formatting twice to make it stick. :)

aarduini

Explorer
class over ride

I love this sheet. i love the fact that you can add powers now, but I still can't add a custom class. Can you activate the class override?

I love this sheet. i love the fact that you can add powers now, but I still can't add a custom class. Can you activate the class override?
The problem with that is that your class and race both matter for a lot -- skills, feats, weapon proficiencies, etc. While it would be possible certainly, it would be difficult with the way it's currently setup to achieve what you really want. I'm hoping v 1.13 isn't too far off, and if that doesn't have the changes that would be needed to accomplish that, I can probably hack it together in a couple days. I don't want to modify v. 1.12 any further because making those race/class changes would be drastic. The race override that's there now doesn't even really work, since for example, I selected Elf in the drop-down and then put Cylon in the override. On the feats tab, I can still select Elven Precision.

I suppose it comes down to, do you want to have to use overrides for everything, or would it be possible (I think so) to add a sheet where you can add custom race / class info. Long-term I think the latter is better, especially since it will make it a lot easier to add races/classes from splats. It just takes a complete overhaul of the system, nothing major. ;)

Remove ads