e20 Pathfinder: player needed

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
oh Mal, how far you have fallen...

I am the cleric in the game (and I had I noticed this sooner would have said so...). As an emergency, Xanfire can Gate us away, but I have a feeling we might need a solar here soon.

yeah, I may need to be rescued here. need to read what is new in the IC thread .. .. .. ..

fireinthedust

Explorer
Rhun & Herobizkit: Well, if you two are willing to take the time to make up your characters, I'll give it. I'll allow one of you to use Thad until we can end this scene (albeit Fatigued condition Thad with, let's say, half HP), and in the meantime you can make up your own PCs.

20th level isn't too bad, though I can see how swingy and important it is to know your PCs' abilites as GM: Thad could take out that Balor, say, but you lot are crying about it. Granted, I don't know enough about how to maim with a Balor effectively, but there you go.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I actually have no idea how my character build will work. i am waiting to find out when it is his turn in the initiative.

Shayuri

First Post
Balors are badass against everything except a cleric or wizard, who will generally be able to one-shot Banish them if they're prepared.

I do have a question. When Thorn sneak-attacked the Balor, she did 2 Strength damage, which would reduce the balor's attack roll by 1.

Since it hit her effective AC of 47 dead on...it's suddenly very important that I ask if you remembered to reduce its attack by that 1. :)

fireinthedust

Explorer
...huh. You may be right. But I thought he hit AC45, not 47... Okay then! One second, let me check something... nope, no immunities to critical hits or ability score damage! You are go, my friend, and it seems you have eluded that attack. Drat! ;)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
You know, I might actually be up to the challenge to making a 20th level PC. Is the party "lacking" in anything specific, or would any kind of character (other than a wizard) be beneficial?

Also, the cleric can cast Plane Shift any time s/he wants, right?

Plane Shift: School conjuration (teleportation); Level cleric/oracle 5, sorcerer/wizard 7, summoner 5

My first pass at Bard shows me an Arcane Duelist option... mmmm...

Also, any restrictions on race?

Last edited:

Thaven

First Post
I'm drooling at the thought of a bard in our party.

I play the fighter in the group; although I just started, replacing a recently deceased ally (read: a player who dropped out).

I just want to point out I never cried about the Balor. That would be unmanly.

Remove ads