Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

Kyna backs away from the insane warforged in horror, sliding along the rail away and reaching for her crossbow.

{OOC: Move away 30ft (hopefully placing one of the tougher-looking characters between herself and the warforged) and draw crossbow. Will be loading and firing next.}

{OOC: Seeten and Troy - sorry, I didn't quite realize you hadn't posted, or I wouldn't have posted my 2nd RP. I don't want to jump over someone else's chance to play. :(}

Bront

The man with the probe
Valahandra turns to face the enraged warforged, begins shanting a prayer, and draws her weapon as she takes a careful step towards the warforged.

OOC:
First Round, Valahandra will cast Divine Favor (+1 Attack, Damage for 1 min), Draw her Double Scimitar, and take a 5 foot step towards the warforged.

Next round, she intends to attack, either a charging attack if I become 10+ feet away (1 strike 2 handed), otherwise a full attack (two weapon) after a 5 foot step.

And in general, barring a conversation, I generaly only post when qued by the GM (new turn/phase/whatever). Hope I didn't irk anyone.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Iohr looks from the shouting woman over to the enraged Warforged; normally, Iohr wouldn't stick his neck into someone else's business, but this guy was shouting off threats - threats aimed at, as far as he can tell, Iohr.

On Iohr's turn, he'll withdraw his bow and fire off an arrow at the Warforged. This motion will be seconded next round, and Iohr will back away [up to 30 feet] if the machine-man approaches him.

[ooc: Shortbow is +4 to hit, 1d6 damage.]

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
Kyna moves laterally along the railing of the bridge, hoping that the enemy will not notice her, she draws her crossbow.

Strange words and motions are being used by Valahandra. Soft blue and silver light shines over her. The light softens and seems to outline her and her weapon. She draws her double-bladed scimitar, the weapon of choice for a Valenar Elf. With determination of steel in her eyes, she makes her way slowly to the Warforged.

The rain seems to pour down harder now, it stings as it hits even through your cloaks. Perhaps it is turning into sleet. Wind has started to pick up, bringing a fell chill to the already frigid air.

Seeten

First Post
Kasha looks around, then, startled at the warforged's pronouncement, quickly lets a Protection from Evil spell fly with a quick twist of her inner reserves of power. Kasha looks off balance, as though she has no idea whats going on.

TroyXavier

First Post
Solid Strike drops his head out of the clouds and tries to figure out what is going on and how he might be able to help. He draws his blade and prepares to defend himself.

(OOC, sorry, didn't realize we had started. Plus Tuesdays are a really busy day for me, so I probably won't be able to post till late)

Gez

First Post
Tirlen grabs his sling. He'll try to always stay between 10 and 30 feet away from the warforged, while pelting it with sling stones (attack d20+9, damage 1d3+1).

Candide

First Post
(OOC: Troy, don't worry about it, I figured there was a reason you hadn't posted yet)

Tirlen twirls his sling and lets the stone fly, striking the Warforged enemy just barely on the shoulder putting a small nick in the armor(15 to hit, 4 damage).

The warforged breathes heavily. It seems to be working itself into some sort of enhanced state. It's muscle twitch, strengthen and grow slightly. It raises arms with a harsh, metallic scream. It brandishes a battle axe in its hands. It turns it's attention to Tirlen, and calls out "YOU SHALL BE THE FIRST TO FEEL THE LORD OF BLADES' HATE!! RRAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

It then charges, provoking an attack of opportunity from Valahandra. Tirlen sees the tall metal opponent run towards him. His eyes become as wide as saucers, and he starts to cringe, awaiting the painful blow he is about to receive. He shuts his eyes. Val swings with one strike of her double-bladed scimitar, slicing deep across the Warforged's flank. It's inner contents spill out on the bridge in a spray. It cries out in pain, though the sound is a lot like it's screams of rage. Suddenly, the warforged loses speed and it's torso actually slides off it's body! Val cleaved the enemy in half! It's metal bodies crash to the floor with a clattering of noise in front of the halfling. Tirlen still in a cringe, opens his eyes slowly with a suprised yet ecstatic look on his face. (Critted on the warforged, 18 to hit, only a 12 to confirm but still a crit, dealing 14 points of damage to it)

OOC: Gez, if it bothered you that I took over your characters reactions for a sec, I won't do it again. I thought it would be rather cinematic/typical of Eberron style to do something like that.

The Warforged clearly had more bark than bite. Through the resounding rain everyone can hear the sounds of people yelling from higher skybridges.

"Stop that!"

"MURDERERS! CALL THE WATCH!"

The body of this human man lies limp on the skybridge holding a satchel, and The Sharn Watch will be here any second. What does everyone do?

Seeten

First Post
Kasha looks around, and proclaims, "Murderers!? Where!"

Having not even really moved yet, and done little more than flinch as the Warforged charged, she sort of stands amidst the swirling chaos, not quite sure. She does look at the satchel, though. "Mom and Dad wont be happy with me..."

Kyna puts her crossbow away and shivers, drawing her cloak tighter about herself. She looks at the rest of the individuals gathered around - pausing one moment to eye the warforged to be sure he isn't going to attack as well.

She looks up at the young woman's words. "Don't worry, we didn't do anything - I'm sure if we just explain what happened, we'll be fine."

Last edited:

Remove ads