Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

RobotRobotI

First Post
Iohr isn't going to worry too much about the guards that will soon arrive. What's in the satchel? He moves towards the corpse of the slain man, and crouches next to the body. He wipes away the wet hair that had matted to his face, and begins to examine the body. Is he still alive? If he is, that'll be Iohr's primary concern. If he's not, he'll check to see what's inside the satchel, or any other pockets.

As he leans down, he looks to the others nearby. He doesn't speak.

Bront

The man with the probe
Valahandra kneels down before her fallen foe, lowers her head and says a quick prayer before quickly wipes off and puts away her weapon.

She speaks "The guards will not worry of us, we defended ourselves from this foul being." She gazes at the body of her fallen for to make sure it was the one she saw jump from the bridge before what happened seems to suddently hit her.

She turns around "Is everyone else all right?" she asks.

She sees Iohr tending to the man and says "I could not find signs of life on that man, he is surely dead."

[OOC: Um, did I do that?]

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Candide said:
OOC: Gez, if it bothered you that I took over your characters reactions for a sec, I won't do it again. I thought it would be rather cinematic/typical of Eberron style to do something like that.

Doesn't bother me, although I hope for his survivability that in the future, he'll rather try to dodge the blows! :p
Nah, it's cool, and at first level, it's only normal characters may panick. :)

Back to in character talk.

« Thank you, milady says the halfling amiably to Valahandra, for stopping that insane construct. I am Tirlen, at your service. »

Seeing that someone is already taking care of the victim, he then (after letting Val reply) looks up and yell at the alarmed crowds

« It's OK, ladies and gentlemen! The murderer was stopped! Someone call a healer, quick! The victim may still live!

Tirlen doesn't really think it. He's seen people dying before, and do not still hope the victim to be salvageable. But saying such a thing will calm the crowd and dissipate suspicions toward him and the other people on the bridge.

Candide

First Post
OOC: Yes you did do that. You critted on the warforged through me. Rather lackluster encounter, but oh well. I have more in store for you guys. Also, I assume everyone moves near the body. I didn't know if Kasha and Solid Strike would, and I didn't want to railroad anyone.

A shrill blare of a whistle sounds off in the distance. The Watch will arrive soon.

As Val checks the fallen Warforged to see if it shows any signs of new life, something clicks on the underside of the metal enemy's torso. Something flutters up from the beneath the Warforged, it is made of clockwork and has filligree wings that flap like a hummingbird's. It darts around flying towards its programmed destination. OOC: Anyone wish to do anything about it?

As Iohr searches through satchel, he pulls out a small book. It measures about 3 inches by 6 inches by 1 inch thick, has a cover of dark brown leather with strands of mithral thread woven in a strange pattern. It bears no title, just the mithral-thread icon on the front cover. Inside, every page is blank, but the sheets have a strange feel; they don't seem to be paper or leather, but something not readily indentifiable.

Iohr, Kyna:
[sblock] You notice the primitive symbol on the journal being that of House Cannith. It is a hammer and anvil inside a circle.[/sblock]

The whistle of The Sharn Watch sounds again. They'll be here any minute now.

RobotRobotI

First Post
As secretively as he can, Iohr slips the book into one of his overlarge pockets; in this case, the one that reaches from his left side across his back. His clothes were covered in pockets ; it was just hard to make them out through the shadowweave. If anyone calls him on it, or notices, he'll just grin, but bring it back out into full view.

Regardless, he looks to the others. "Do you suggest we wait for the guardsmen? I didn't do anything to this guy. What happened? Whats with the mechanik?"

Last edited:

TroyXavier

First Post
*Solid Strike glances down* "What was his problem? He could have seriously damaged us." *He quickly glances around* "I think by the laws of this land, we should wait for the guards to come here and pick up the body."

Bront

The man with the probe
Valahandra will try to snatch the strange clockwork thing in her hand.

"It appears this warforged had a messanger or something inside. It probably worked for someone." Valahandra looks over to the slain body the others are gathering around, "Is there something there he might have been looking for?"

Valahandra looks around expectantly for the guard, reminding herself she is not in Valenar and that they were likely asleep.

Seeten

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
She looks up at the young woman's words. "Don't worry, we didn't do anything - I'm sure if we just explain what happened, we'll be fine."

"Right, right...I am good with the truth...I was just minding my own business...they didnt mean me, anyway, right?" She looks sort of hopeful, if not convinced, and smoothes her clothes out, adjusting them, then fixes her hair, in case there is an inquiry.

Candide

First Post
Val eyes the small fluttering clockwork entity, and tries to grab it. It deftly dodges and flies out of melee reach. It then nosedives down into darkness through the pouring rain.

Two males and a female, wearing the green and black studded leather of Sharn's City Watch, emerge from the bitter, rain-drenched night. The leader, a powerfully built bald dwarf with a close-cropped beard, steps forward, leveling his crossbow in your direction. The small ball of arcane light, hovering just above and behind his left shoulder, illuminates the area. To each side a human male, and female stand with halberds at the ready.

"Olladra's bloody nose!" the dwarf curses. "By order of the Sharn Watch drop your weapons and explain yourselves!"

RobotRobotI

First Post
Iohr looks towards the guardsmen. He withdraws his false ID, flashing it out quickly. He steps towards them.

"I've got this under control, Sir. Seems to be just a little mix-up. From what I can tell, this man," Iohr signals towards the dead man, "Was assassinated. Before I could pursue the assailant, the broken mechanik assaulted the citizens on this walkway. He was handily dealt with. I don't think there's anything we really need to worry about. Just get the bodies out of the way."

[[OOC: Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5. If it'll help me to convince these guys that Iohr's a member of the guard, I'll spend an action point on the bluff roll.]]

Last edited:

Remove ads