Eberron: The Machine of War(FULL)

Candide

First Post
The dwarf eyes your ID papers, looks confused for a second, then his eyes widen for a second. He lowers his crossbow, and says "OH, excuse me lad. I dinnae think you were doin an undercover joab. I am amazed at the bravery of the lot ah ya. Darn fine joab ya did, stickin' up for other citizens." He reaches into his money pouch, and hands everyone 2 gp. "You've earned it. I am surprised. I've started to become jaded at this city. Thinkin' everyone was out for demselves. Your heroism warms mah heart, lads. I might have to recommend you for a promotion, mister"gesturing to the shifter. "We'll take the body now. You lads best get on about yar business, we'll take it from 'ere."

(OOC: Obviously you've pulled a whopper over on this guy. A a 21 for bluff, and a nat 20 for diplomacy. Compared to his nat 1 on sense motive to your bluff. My dice are odd sometimes. And the quotes from the dwarf are to be read in a typical accent.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Valahandra watches as the guards take the body away, and then turns to the rest of the group, and ask bluntly "Who are you all?"

OOC: Anyone who says/does anything before the guards leave are free too. Valahandra will simply watch untill then.

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Tirlen probably tried to land a slingstone on the flying device before the guards arrived.

At Iohr's explanations to the guards, he nodded in approval. He gladly accepted the 2 gp.

Finally, at presentation time: « As I said, I am Tirlen, Talenta veteran. »

{OOC: Kyna would have tried to catch the clockwork thing, if she were close enough. If it gets away, oh well.}

Kyna is silent as the guards arrive, and lets Iohr (though she doesn't know his name) do the talking. She'll take the 2 gold with a smile, and they vanish into her clothing.

After they leave, she will bow gracefully to the group. "Kyna d’Phiarlan, at your service."

Glancing back to make sure the guards were out of hearing distance, she'll gesture to Iohr. "That book - it had the mark of House Cannith on it. It is disturbing that warforged was chasing someone running around with that... perhaps we should talk to the Cannith representative, and see if they know aught of a malfunctioning warforged?" She glances at the warforged standing near them. "No offense meant, of course."

{OOC: I will be out of town starting tomorrow evening until Tuesday sometime. Feel free to NPC my character starting tomorrow night if needed. Oh, and for posting rates - I check once or twice during the day, and in the evening after I get home from work - on the weekends, I usually only check in the afternoons.}

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
OOC: To clarify things a bit, the satchel/journal were on the dead human body that the party came across on the bridge, not the enemy Warforged

Candide

First Post
OOC: To clarify things a bit, the satchel/journal were on the dead human body that the party came across on the bridge, not the enemy Warforged

Before the machina can get out of range, Tirlen slings a sling bullet(stone) at it. The projectile goes wide and misses completely.

Kyna tries her hand at shooting the clockwork flyer, he crossbow bolt overshoots the flyer as it takes its dive down to the lower levels of Sharn.

The Watch takes the body of the human, though not his satchel since Iohr got it first.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Iohr realizes that someone else saw the book, and so withdraws it from his pocket. "It has no words. The pages are blank. ... We can take them to House Cannith, perhaps. I could also ask one of the Iohr about it."

Almost as an afterthought, he adds, "The name is Iohr Exicon."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Then we should seek house Cannith." Valahandra agrees.

She turns for a second to continue, stops and blushes slightly, remembering that she is not among the elves. "Sorry, I am Valahandra Da’briel"

Remove ads