• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] What Lurks Below - (Full)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Yep. A bit of a delay, huh? Isn't the action waiting for someone?

Edit: Yeah, Gedward, played by PlotMonster, who was last seen on the 8th.

Last edited:

P0L

Explorer
Isnt there a rule about NPCing an absent player? It's just combat.
My halfling is being torn to pieces and if I dont decapitate a shifter with my next +7 1d10+10 swing I'll be in trouble! (and if I DO kill him I'll be longing for the CLEAVE feat I'm taking NEXT level)

taitzu52

First Post
This is in no way directed at PlotMonster, IMHO, he hasn't been AWOL quite long enough to warrant that. Let's just call it a follow up to Brother Shatterstone's "What's goin' on?" post last week.

Attendance on ENWorld is down. Way down. I think that any an all serious GM's have to construct and adhere to some policies to take "frequency" issues into account. Whether it be RL stuff, a loss of interest from one or more parties, or just the fact that this site is so huge and global, it has become a REALLY common occurrence on this forum. It plays out as a cause and effect occurrence: player stops posting or is late, GM stalls the game to be fair, and then, other players lose interest and stop posting (or make short, lame, 2D posts). Not to say that the GM should run the whole show (I've seen that too...woof!), but there needs to be a healthy balance.

I'm just saying...this is a common PBP problem. Some great GM's address it through NPC play, "warring status" posts for players that plan to be absent, etc.

I just wanted to bounce it off you guys. If you can get down with South American politics, we can handle this too!

TZ

Jdvn1

After my disarm, I'll be over to try to help, P0L. At least, that's my plan currently.

Yeah, attendance on EN World PbPs, specifically, has been down. Missing players is also more common with larger groups. Personally, I'm okay with waiting up to a week for missing players. After that, the player should be NPC'ed until a good dropping point is found. At least, that's how I'd play it as a GM.

I understand stuff happens, so if he came back later, he could pick up his character again or meet up someplace.

The Baron

First Post
Sorry about the delay folks.

I've decided that I'll start NPCing a PC if the player hasn't been on in more than two days.

As for Gedward, I know the player personally, so I'll make sure he posts tonight so we can get things rolling. He had a family member in town this weekend, and he's been working 10-12 hour days, so he's been pretty busy. If he doesn't post tonight, I'll take over for the time being.

Thanks for being patient, all.

Jdvn1

Yikes, that's a lot of work.

If he's busy, I'm okay waiting. Next time, could someone warn us, though?

PlotMonster

First Post
Sorry!

Hey all, sorry about all the long wait and the 2D post. I agree with the DM running a character NPC over an absence. 2 days is fair for an unannounced absence. In the case of an announced absence, I would recommend letting the DM pick up the characters actions immediately, with some advice from the player.

As far as this instance goes, my brother was in town from Friday to Sunday. Once he left, my boss informed me that his data set was royally screwed up. My post, which was fairly 2D, was made because TheBaron called me in the middle of a meeting and asked me to post that night. I was able to post while working with my boss. This post was the longest break I've had since last week.

Ok! Back to work... But I will be posting.

dru.

Remove ads