D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

Skarsgard

Explorer
It has been ages since I played Rolemaster. If you are still looking for players and do indeed end up using RMSS then consider me very interested. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
cd94ef21b8161a019050d02e94a15b2b--character-concept-character-design.jpg
Jerrod was orphaned at a young age during a goblinoid attack on his village and taken in by a Travelling Snakeoil Salesman named Dr. Panacea. For years he assisted Dr. Panacea in his various scams, acting as a lame or diseased beggar who was miraculously "cured".
He spent years studying transmutation and elixirs. He scoured manuscripts, studied scrolls, and eventually parted ways with Panacea and studied as an apprentice to Eastern Alchemists. His efforts have made him an expert in the nature of the human body, metals and other materials that his study focused on.

Jarrod would rather lie or talk his way out of a fight, and if need be he is adept at hurling his various concoctions, explosive, poisonous or otherwise at pursuers as he runs off. His Magnum Opus, of course, is to find or create a True Philosopher's Stone.
He "adventures" to fund his research and to uncover arcane secrets.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, EB...

With some of my players and/or DMs disappearing I'm looking for another game to play. Any of your games have any room? (I'm only really looking to play 5e. I don't want to get my game rules confused or have to take the time to relearn any games, though I've played 'em in the past).

That and I'd rather choke to death than to play Rolemaster ever again.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you well with that! Just not for me.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, EB...

With some of my players and/or DMs disappearing I'm looking for another game to play. Any of your games have any room? (I'm only really looking to play 5e. I don't want to get my game rules confused or have to take the time to relearn any games, though I've played 'em in the past).

That and I'd rather choke to death than to play Rolemaster ever again.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you well with that! It's just not for me.

So what is the difference between Monk, Warrior Monk and High Warrior Monk?
Do classes like Farmer and Professional etc have something to make them worthwhile?

Warrior Monks are martial artists. They learn to use normal weapons, though not as easily as Fighters, Rogues, and Thieves.

Monks are similar to Warrior Monks, but they use magic to enhance their personal movement and control of their own body and mind.

High Warrior Monks are highly focused on unarmed combat, at the expense of just about everything else. (GM's should examine this class closely before allowing it in their game.)

Farmer and Professional are primarily NPC classes.

EarlyBird

Explorer
So everything a class skill or a cross-class skill. :) This makes me want to find a copy of SPI's DragonQuest.

I never played DragonQuest it came out in the 80's I did see it when I was spending all my money on D&D. Back then there was so much TSR stuff to collect that I had no money for any other systems. In the early 90's is when I got into other games like RoleMaster, Vampire, and Rifts.

EarlyBird

Explorer
It has been ages since I played Rolemaster. If you are still looking for players and do indeed end up using RMSS then consider me very interested. :)

Sorry Skarsgard, but I don't have RMSS and from the reviews I read it isn't as simple as RoleMaster 2e (and 2e is not simple lol). Your welcome to join and not worry abou tthe system as most of the rules (and options) I will let players learn as we go. I want to focus on the survival and characters more than the system and the dice rolls to start.

hero4hire said:
Jerrod was orphaned at a young age during a goblinoid attack on his village and taken in by a Travelling Snakeoil Salesman named Dr. Panacea. For years he assisted Dr. Panacea in his various scams, acting as a lame or diseased beggar who was miraculously "cured".
He spent years studying transmutation and elixirs. He scoured manuscripts, studied scrolls, and eventually parted ways with Panacea and studied as an apprentice to Eastern Alchemists. His efforts have made him an expert in the nature of the human body, metals and other materials that his study focused on.

Jarrod would rather lie or talk his way out of a fight, and if need be he is adept at hurling his various concoctions, explosive, poisonous or otherwise at pursuers as he runs off. His Magnum Opus, of course, is to find or create a True Philosopher's Stone.
He "adventures" to fund his research and to uncover arcane secrets.

Excellent. Perhaps this is the character with the treasure map (maybe a key component to the Philosopher's Stone). Not sure about "bombs" in RoleMaster but we will work something out for you.

Last edited:

I never played DragonQuest it came out in the 80's I did see it when I was spending all my money on D&D. Back then there was so much TSR stuff to collect that I had no money for any other systems. In the early 90's is when I got into other games like RoleMaster, Vampire, and Rifts.

I looked it up and I'd totally forgotten that it was a ranks system where you spent xp directly on "skill levels". Class-less as well. So you really had to know the system to make a character well.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Taking the RoleMaster interest check over to HERE

You all should check it out, I got a load of PF adventure paths and I wish to run one instead of the sandbox, incase that helps with the interest in the game.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Not sure I think I have time for one more game, was thinking of a One Shot in case it turns out I don't, as those games have an ending at least.

And as I was searching for the latest news (seeing what the newest hardback Adventure League book would be), I found out they are going to reprint some old trustworthy modules B1 In Search of the Unknown and B2: Keep on the Borderlands and think they would be some super fun One Shots.

I think the Caves of Chaos are in one of those, a place you could adventure and leave at anytime, then return to later maybe with a different character. So this may be a cool experiment, and want to see if there is any interest here and will move to an OOC/Recruitment thread if we get a small group together.

Remove ads