D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Are you planning on running the idea with the most interest?

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Eventually I am going to be running them all.

And limit my time as a player, the Marvel game will be the last I join as a player. I have found myself with more time on my hands than I thought I would so I wish to start up a few games hopefully get everyone playing.

tglassy

Adventurer
For Curse of Strahd, I'd likely go with a Gunslinger class and take the Haunted One background.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sure, I just got done catching up on all my games, so I was giving the Gunslinger the once over. So far I like it and want to see it in action.

I'll go start an RG for Curse of Strahd and you can throw your character in there when your ready.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OK - got a simple RG up and ready. I am hopefully going to be able to post the IC thread Nov 1st midnight to give everyone maximum time to get through the adventure.

RG is HERE

tglassy

Adventurer
Question, can I just take the starting equipment? As a gunslinger, there's no way I'll be able to afford a gun on 160 gp max.

tglassy

Adventurer
Question, can I just take the starting equipment? As a gunslinger, there's no way I'll be able to afford a gun on 160 gp max.

TallIan

Explorer
I will post an RG and have stats and backgrounds posted, and then will have the players add their own personailties, ideals, flaws, bonds, based on what I have up. So the shell is the DMs the soul will be the players.

Sorry if my post cam across as a bit judgey, the first time I read your idea it sounded a lot more ominous than it now seems. This idea does sound a bit fun.

Also the first thing I was waiting on has come through, so I am going to be REALLY busy the next couple of weeks - job and nanny hunting, then I will have to see how cool my new employer is about personal internet use at home - at least until I get a decent mobile internet connection.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Wow that is odd. Sure will have to rule that pistol and muskets are so expensive that you will have to be stuck with the starting package at 2nd lvl. Was hoping a few players would have money left for a healing potion, lol.

have to think on it for next time maybe start the gold off at 300 or so.

tglassy

Adventurer
EarlyBird's Campaign Craziness (Big Interest Check)

Technically Gunslingers can craft their own basic firearms. If we use the info in that sheet with the Gunslinger class as the basis for the firearms, an the PhB says you can craft something by expending half its market value. So a pistol on that sheet costs 125, so it should be what, 62 gp to craft? That's not too bad, a hand crossbow costs 75 to buy outright. I think I can make that work.

The sheet doesn't say how much starting gold it would be for Gunslinger, could you decide on that for me? I would think it would be similar to a Ranger. 5d4*10. Plus the 2d8*10 you gave and that should give me enough gold to get a gun and equipment.

Assuming you approve, I'll go ahead and roll it.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Ok, 200gp. I can work with that, since pistols are only 125. Will you let me craft one for 63, or do I need to buy it outright?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads