• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Great fix. Go ahead and craft one, that will also make it your personal firearm and you can tweak it as we play.

So 63 gp for the pistol and 137gp left for equipment.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sorry if my post cam across as a bit judgey, the first time I read your idea it sounded a lot more ominous than it now seems. This idea does sound a bit fun.

Also the first thing I was waiting on has come through, so I am going to be REALLY busy the next couple of weeks - job and nanny hunting, then I will have to see how cool my new employer is about personal internet use at home - at least until I get a decent mobile internet connection.

No prob, that game may not start up till after the others, if they get a bit of interest. And I understand about the not knowing exactly what I was saying it is one of the hardest things on here to do, lol. It would be to hard to tell you how to play the character, but easy to say here's your stats/features and there are drow on the way to kill you, what do you do?

Last edited:

Otaxx

First Post
Sorry I've been scarce on the forums the last few days, I've been thinking heavily on what I'd like to play if I'm excepted into the Strahd game.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Go Cleric for your first go around, or a Fighter with a big axe, lol. Remember you need not play a 3rd party concept, I just wanted top give people the option I didn't in other games.

It will run for a year and the game gets people to around 10th lvl if that will help you decide in any way.

Otaxx

First Post
A half-orc fighter with a big weapon is currently the top contender in my mind. I'm more of the meatshield type.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
ohh how about a half orc with a bardiche - (glaive stats)

00_00.jpg00_00.jpg

Otaxx

First Post
That's what I'm talking about. I haven't decided on exactly what weapon arch type combo I'm going with just yet though.

tglassy

Adventurer
For my Gunslinger in Strahd, I have a few questions.

First, I want the Haunted One background, and one of the Bonds is "I have a child to protect. I must make the world safer for him (or her)." I feel very intrigued at this for some reason, but I don't know how it would work with Curse of Strahd. Could I have a child NPC with the stats of a Commoner? But I don't want someone who will always be in the way/always be targeted by the monsters, cause then they'll die and everything will be sad. I could find a village and leave the child there, or find somewhere safe for her, I suppose. Or she could be elsewhere, and not in Barovia, but then what's the point? What do you think? Is this just too much trouble?

Next. I would very much like to eventually get an arsenal of guns. A rifle (based on the Musket), a couple revolvers (based on the pistol), maybe a sawed off shotgun (based on the scattergun). But crafting takes time. It would take 50 days to create the rifle, for example. It'd be easier if I could just buy them, eventually. So, will firearms be available at certain shops? And if so, will we be using the DMG firearms, or the firearms in the Gunslinger Class sheet that I posted a while back? Because if Firearms are available for purchase (125 for a basic pistol, 250 for a basic musket, and 1000 for a derringer), then they need to be consistent.

I'm still a little hung up on the Race, though I'm thinking of just going Variant Human and taking either Sharpshooter or Alert.

I used the Haunted One's character options to create the backstory. He was once cursed as a Werewolf, and was subsequently cured. He's haunted by the people he killed while cursed. The child is his, though his wife died by the same werewolf that bit him. He's made it his life's goal to hunt werewolves and other creatures of the night, considering every creature he kills to be the one that killed his wife, even while he searches for that specific werewolf. He shows little to no mercy for Lycanthropes or other supernatural evil creatures.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Is it possible to Modify Crossbow Expert to use it with Firearms for this?

Long as you aren't already a gunslinger and getting bonuses I would agree. Any other character could change crossbow to firearms, but the gunslinger class has its own abilities and such. I wouldn't want to mix it up so much.

Your character tglassy, and he sounds very cool to start out. How old is the child? We can say you were taking him to your wife's sisters home and got trapped in Ravenloft on the way. This way you are truly stuck having him/her tag along.

As for weapons, I'm sure I can place an old gunslinger somewhere in the adventure with some weapons he's been working on, have faith in your DM that you'll have fun.

Remove ads