D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd RG

97mg

Explorer
Twopaz Lapflat
Rogue - Arcane Trickster 4 Rock Gnome (Neutral Good)
STR 10(+0) DEX 16(+3) CON 14(+2) INT 17(+3) WIS 10(+0) CHA 10(+0)
AC 14 INIT 3 SPD 25 HP 31/31
PASSIVE PERCEPTION 12

Gnome_zps0a6bcc0f.png

[sblock=Appearance]With pale skin, short black hair tucked under a small grey cap, and blue eyes, one might mistake Twopaz for a local... except he's a rockgnome only three feet tall. In simplistic olden worn garb and a gemcutter's leather apron (he dare not take it off!), Twopaz might appear as though working class. But there is a sparkle in those eyes, of a young fellow quick of mind and warm of heart.[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]Twopaz is friendly and curious, a true lover of stone, learning, sunshine and stories. As apprentice to an extentric and sage-like gemcutter and wizard (Vallov), his days have largely been spent in study. This has only strengthened his enjoyment of companionship and time outdoors. Well... that's what he thought until the fateful day he placed that dastardly stone upon the lapidary grinder...

Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life. Right now I just want to go home!

I'm used to helping out those who aren’t as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.

The goal of a life of study is the betterment of oneself.

I am easily distracted by the promise of information.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Sage (Wizard's Apprentice). A young Rockgnome Arcane Trickster, an aspiring apprentice in distant Allais' dangerous gem trade, has attempted to facet a pretty piece of semi-translucent stone one night, in the hopes of impressing his mentor (Vallov), thinking it a rare variety of Beryl!

Unfortunately, the stone was cursed, perhaps tossed away by some previous escapee of Barovia?

For a moment everything went dark, the hum of the grindwheel fading into the distance...

The little man awoke in mists, trapped in some macabre demi-plane for close to a year now, where he quickly had to learn how to survive, or die. The locals treated him with distrust, as though being a rockgnome made him some form of foul otherworldy imposter! Oh well, disguise time. He was far from welcome here, quickly learning of other threats, wolves and horrible creatures...

It was a good thing for Twopaz that his previous life, in the sun-bleached rocky hills of Allais, had required skills other than the mere shaping and appraisal of precious raw material. Stealth, a keen eye and a little wizardish trickery. The rockgnome learned quickly, burying himself in all aspects of business. From book-keeping, study of history and far away lands in the hunt for precious stones, through to cleaning machinery and practising simple but effective spells, forming shimmering and refractive gems upon the tools of the trade.

Twopaz has probably only remained alive because of his skillset and cunning, deviousness required by those who trade in gems and deal with clients at times greedy and equally seedy. How better to protect one's work against theft, than by learning the ways of a rogue? Know your enemy. Vallov's training came in handy. Not to mention the old mentor's abilities in the arcane arts, and willingness to share them with his little apprentice.

Through disguise Twopaz managed to trade for basic equipment via the locals. With minor illusions and a gnome's innate ability to hide, little Twopaz has wandered with hope in his eyes. Hope that he'd one day find adventurers, foreigners, other cursed folk, who perhaps might know of the way back home.

The dreariness started to get to him.

Slowly, the hope faded, until now.

Lurking in shadows outside the Old Bonegrinder, he can't help but smile as a mix-matched group of travelers approaches. These surely aren't locals! Perhaps this is his chance... strength in numbers... and finally some interesting conversation! [/sblock]

[sblock=Saves]
STR 0 DEX 5 CON 2 INT 5 (Adv vs Magic) WIS 0 (Adv vs Magic) CHA 0 (Adv vs Magic)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Abilities]
  • Darkvision Dim 60'
  • Adv Save Int, Wis, Cha vs Magic
  • Int(History) Device = 2x Prof bonus
  • 2d6 Sneak Attack once per turn if advantage or 5ft other ally to enemy.
  • Bonus action Dash, Disengage, Hide, Control Mage Hand.
  • Tinker: music box
  • Expertise: thieves' tools (+7)
  • Expertise: stealth (+7)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]
  • Languages: Common, Gnoming, Dwarven, Elven, Thieves Cant
  • Acrobatics (Dex) 5 (Class Proficiency Bonus)
  • Animal Handling (Wis) 0
  • Arcana (Int) 5 (Background Proficiency Bonus)
  • Athletics (Str) 0
  • Deception (Cha) 0
  • History (Int) 5 (Background Proficiency Bonus)
  • Insight (Wis) 0
  • Intimidation (Cha) 0
  • Investigation (Int) 5 (Class Proficiency Bonus)
  • Medicine (Wis) 0
  • Nature (Int) 3
  • Perception (Wis) 0
  • Performance (Cha) 0
  • Persuasion (Cha) 0
  • Religion (Wis) 0
  • Sleight of Hand (Dex) 5 (Class Proficiency Bonus)
  • Stealth (Dex) 7 (Class Proficiency Bonus + Expertise)
  • Survival (Wis) 0
[/sblock]

[sblock=Weapons]
  • Short Sword Attack +5 Damage D6
  • Dagger Attack +5 Damage D4
  • Light Xbow Attack +2 Damage D8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Save DC 13 Attack Bonus 5
Cantrips:
  • Mage Hand (can be invisible) 30' 1min
  • Minor Illusion 30' 1min
  • True Strike adv next attack roll