• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's House of Randomness - A PotA Campaign (1 brave soul found/FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Character Reviews:

Terry:
- shields not listed under prof.
- please list a gaming set - Three Dragon-Ante were going to say is a WIS game, dice - DEX, dragonchess - INT, playing cards - CHA
- additional language, maybe Sylvan or your mentor's native tongue
- one additional cleric cantrip needed

Cyan:
nothing missing or misplaced, just a few suggestions
- Want to work on guild and guild houses (bars really lol), but there could be many in the towns around the area
- moonshining? or braumiester? Either way I would like for your character to be out looking for a copper pot for here newest brew

Niklos:
- confused on equipment what equipment pack did you pick?
- no trophy from animl you killed or hunting trap, both seeem out of character will let you swap them both for woodcarver's tools if you wish

Talinthos:
- please list gaming set (see above)
- trophy from fallen foe
- thieve's tools?

Character Reviews:

Terry:
- shields not listed under prof.
- please list a gaming set - Three Dragon-Ante were going to say is a WIS game, dice - DEX, dragonchess - INT, playing cards - CHA
- additional language, maybe Sylvan or your mentor's native tongue
- one additional cleric cantrip needed

Cyan:
nothing missing or misplaced, just a few suggestions
- Want to work on guild and guild houses (bars really lol), but there could be many in the towns around the area
- moonshining? or braumiester? Either way I would like for your character to be out looking for a copper pot for here newest brew

Niklos:
- no trophy from animl you killed or hunting trap, both seeem out of character will let you swap them both for woodcarver's tools if you wish

Talinthos:
- please list gaming set (see above)
- trophy from fallen foe
- thieve's tools?
Added my gaming set. Don't know how I missed thrives tools but added them to my equipment. Still need to come up with a trophy. That will come as I work out my background.

Think my character will be from Waterdeep. Probably served in the City Guard.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

hero4hire

Explorer
There is the Vintners', Distillers', & Brewers' Guild out of Waterdeep? "Lightning in a Bottle" seems like it would be something with a kick so I will go with moonshining.

Character Reviews:

Niklos:

I started with the explorer's pack, and then I began selling things back (at half-price, per the book) to reduce weight carried (Also why I'm wearing Leather instead of Scale). I was going to have the trophy be a part of his clothing (like a coonskin cap), and then forgot to do it. [EDIT: I added a wolfskin cloak to my traveler's clothing]
The woodcarver's tools are only 1 gp...

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Last character review then I will start suggesting some hooks to see if/how PC may be related.

Captain Barakas:
- missing little things, alignment, speed, languages, so here is my DM sheet for you to copy/paste if you wish, and then fill in
- and you didn't take winged I see, have plans for all those extra spells I'm guessing
[sblock=Captain Barakas]
Race: Tiefling
Class/Level: Cleric 1
Alignment:
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (tiefling)
Init: +0
Speed: 30ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 13
Languages: Common, Infernal
Background: Sailor
Inspiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0), Con 11 (+0), Int 12 (+1), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

AC: 18 (chainmail, shield)
HP: 08 (1d8 +0)
Prof. Bonus: +2
Proficiencies: All armor and shields, all simple and martial weapons
Tools: Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)
Feats: none
Saves: WIS +3, CHA +5
Special Defenses: resistance to fire damage

Combat:
MELEE: Longsword +5 atk, 1d8+3 slashing, versatile (1d10)
MELEE: Belaying pin +5 atk, 1d4+3 bludgeoning, light
RANGE: Lt Crossbow +2 ATK, 1d8+0 piercing, ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed
RANGE/SPELL: Toll the Dead WIS save DC 11, 1d8 necrotic/1d12 if below max hp, range 60', dmg increases at 5th(2d8/2d12), 11th(3d8/3d12), 17th(4d8/4d12)

Skills:
+0 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics*
+3 (cha) Deception
+1 (int) History
+3 (wis) Insight*
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception*
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion*
+1 (int) Religion
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth - disadvantage
+1 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
Ability Scores: +2 CHA and +1 INT
Speed: 30 feet
Darkvision: 60 feet
Hellish Resistance: you gain resistance to fire damage
Infernal Legacy: gain the thaumaturgy cantrip at 1st level, can cast hellish rebuke (at 2nd level) once per day starting at 3rd level, and at 5th level you may cast the darkness spell once per day, use CHA as your spellcasting abiltiy for these spells
Languages: Infernal and Common

Pirate:
Skills: Athletics and Perception
Tool Proficiencies: Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)
Variant Feature: Bad Reputation - No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.

Cleric:
-Domain: Tempus
-Domain Spells: fog cloud, thunderwave
-Wrath of the Storm: When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (1/long rest). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
-Bonus Proficiencies: gain proficiency in heavy armor and all martial weapons
-Spellcasting:
-Cantrips: mending, resistance, toll the dead
-Spell save DC11
-Spell attack +3
-Ritual Casting
-Spellcasting Focus: holy symbol

Combat Gear:
chainmail armor
shield
longsword
belaying pin
light crossbow

Other Gear:
holy symbol, amulet
bolts in case, 20/20
common clothes
silk rope (50')
hempen rope (50')
Backpack
- bedroll
- mess kit
- tinderbox
- torches 10/10
- rations 10/10
- waterskin
belt pouch
- lucky charm, a silver skull the size of a coin
- pair of knucklebone dice, each with a skull symbol on the side that would normally show six pips

Treasure:
GP: 30 SP: 05 CP: 04

Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 480 lbs
Climb: 15' Swim: 15'
Long Jump: 16' & 8'
High Jump: 6' & 3'
Hold Breath: 1 minute

Personality:
Trait:
Trait:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Brief History:

Sex: Male
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Skin Tone:
Scars/Tattoos:
Description:

Notes:
Multiclass Options:
1) Barbarian
2) Bard
3) Druid
4) Fighter
5) Paladin
6) Sorcerer - rolled
7) Warlock[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Captain Barakas]
Race: Tiefling
Class/Level: Cleric 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (tiefling)
Init: +0
Speed: 30ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 13
Languages: Common, Infernal
Background: Sailor
Inspiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0), Con 11 (+0), Int 12 (+1), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

AC: 18 (chainmail, shield)
HP: 08 (1d8 +0)
Prof. Bonus: +2
Proficiencies: All armor and shields, all simple and martial weapons
Tools: Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)
Feats: none
Saves: WIS +3, CHA +5
Special Defenses: resistance to fire damage

Combat:
MELEE: Longsword +5 atk, 1d8+3 slashing, versatile (1d10)
MELEE: Belaying pin +5 atk, 1d4+3 bludgeoning, light
RANGE: Lt Crossbow +2 ATK, 1d8+0 piercing, ammunition (range 80/320), loading, two-handed
RANGE/SPELL: Toll the Dead WIS save DC 11, 1d8 necrotic/1d12 if below max hp, range 60', dmg increases at 5th(2d8/2d12), 11th(3d8/3d12), 17th(4d8/4d12)

Skills:
+0 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics*
+3 (cha) Deception
+1 (int) History
+3 (wis) Insight*
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+1 (int) Investigation
+1 (wis) Medicine
+1 (int) Nature
+3 (wis) Perception*
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion*
+1 (int) Religion
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth - disadvantage
+1 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
Ability Scores: +2 CHA and +1 INT
Speed: 30 feet
Darkvision: 60 feet
Hellish Resistance: you gain resistance to fire damage
Winged. You have bat-like wings sprouting from your shoulder blades. You have a flying speed of 30 feet. This trait replaces the Infernal Legacy trait.
Languages: Infernal and Common

Pirate:
Skills: Athletics and Perception
Tool Proficiencies: Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (water)
Variant Feature: Bad Reputation - No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.

Cleric:
-Domain: Tempus
-Domain Spells: fog cloud, thunderwave
-Wrath of the Storm: When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (1/long rest). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
-Bonus Proficiencies: gain proficiency in heavy armor and all martial weapons
-Spellcasting:
-Cantrips: mending, resistance, toll the dead
-Spell save DC11
-Spell attack +3
-Ritual Casting
-Spellcasting Focus: holy symbol

Combat Gear:
chainmail armor
shield
longsword
belaying pin
light crossbow

Other Gear:
holy symbol, amulet
bolts in case, 20/20
common clothes
silk rope (50')
hempen rope (50')
Backpack
- bedroll
- mess kit
- tinderbox
- torches 10/10
- rations 10/10
- waterskin
belt pouch
- lucky charm, a silver skull the size of a coin
- pair of knucklebone dice, each with a skull symbol on the side that would normally show six pips

Treasure:
GP: 30 SP: 05 CP: 04

Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 480 lbs
Climb: 15' Swim: 15'
Long Jump: 16' & 8'
High Jump: 6' & 3'
Hold Breath: 1 minute

Personality:
Trait:
Trait:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Brief History:

Sex: Male
Height: 6’
Weight: 200
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Skin Tone: Tanned
Scars/Tattoos: Horns, fangs, cat-like eyes
Description:. Muscular, likes to smile as if he knows something you don’t. Likes using his devilish appearance to make people scared.

Notes:
Multiclass Options:
1) Barbarian
2) Bard
3) Druid
4) Fighter
5) Paladin
6) Sorcerer - rolled
7) Warlock[/sblock]

Whoops! Forgot about Winged! I’ve updated it. Take a look and I’ll replace what’s in the RG. And I’ll work on my traits in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Whiskers are a bit much. Sword Coast Guide said fangs aAnd catlike eyes were an option, so I’m going with it.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Terry & Niklos could get their powers fromt he same Goddess - Eldath with little change to the characers themselves. Niklos could be from the far North where he learned his trade in a cavern glade with a sacred pool. Terry's druid mentor would be a follower of Eldath, and was instructed that with the coming troubles a soldier was needed to fight the war to come.

This all would be so they have a common bond when they meet. As to the trouble/hook...

A terrible threat gathers in the North. Throughout this region of the Forgotten Realms, savage marauders bring destruction. Monsters are on the prowl, preying on flocks, rampaging through croplands, and attacking homesteads and travelers. In settlements, discord and suspicion grow. Sinister strangers lurk in the shadows, whispering about how everything is soon to change. This year brought an unseasonably warm and stormy spring. Tales spread of flooding, windstorms, wildfires, and tremors.

Hook: Dark Omens
The signs and portents are clear: nature is out of balance. Terrible disater is drawing closer ith every passing day. Everything points to the cause somewhere in the Dessirn Valley, but as to what? who? or how? there is no clue yet. Red Larch will make a good staging base as all information in the North floats eventually through here.

So Niklos was "pulled" to Red Larch by a feeling of being needed there. And Terry could have been brought to the village by her mentor with instructions to help in the village where she can, and report any "oddities" to the Druid Circle.

When we start everyone will have been in town a tenday or less, so they are still the "new people".

Oh before I forget again, jonathonhawke is reward one point of inspiration for his holiday themed character - great work

Cyan is pretty easy. You want to set up your still and everything close to the trade routes so it can have the most exposure. From Red Larch it can go south to Amphial (where a lot of Waterdeep nobles have hunting lodges), and the Bargewright Inn to be served to people heaidng east where they can spread the word. North is Tribor, Yartar, Westbridge, and Beliard all important trade towns heading off in all compass points. So now it is just a matter of getting the equipment, finding a spot, and getting in good with the towns folk so you can start shipping out your wares.
Hook: there will be trouble in town and what better way to get in some good graces than to help, making the mooshine will probably be downtime activity

Talinthos, bit harder to figure why a elf goes assassin, but then you aren't an assassin yet so maybe we can RP into that. You could be from Silverymoon to the east where you served as assistant quatermaster during an orc horde invasion. During your service you found you like numbers and inventories over sword practice and marching. Some of your suppiles came from the town of Yartar, mostly foodstuff from outlying farmsteads. The contact was a thieves guild member (human) who recurited you, after the fighting was all done. When you thought your training was complete they sent you to Red Larch to await further instructions. Now you are in town and bored out your mind. Later they may call on you to "complete a job". Hook: Undercover: Working for the Hand of Yartar you have been given orders to wait in Red Larch until word is sent on your first assignment, what it will be you haven't any ideal.

Captain Barakas, maybe the easiest of esay hooks, righto ut of the book. Hook: Shatterkeel's Trail - Months ago, Gar Shatterkeel destroyed the character’s ship by conjuring a powerful storm. Dozens of sailors died, and now the character intends revenge. Losing his whereabouts so far from the Sea of Storms until you heard of Gar's first mate being sighted in Red Larch, perhaps Jolliver Grimjaw knows where his old captain is.

OOC: All this is food for thought please use what you wish, add/subtract since this is role-playing nothing is really ever wrong, just needing a bit of tweaking is all.

Remove ads