Emerald's PbP game

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kaltide's voice comes out of midair, casually, "Actually, you're right. When I first came through here I went west, but the whole place kind of loops in a big circle, so I ended up back here. You very nearly missed me - I was about to go outside to find you and describe the layout. It looks very much like you've gotten impatient. Forgive me for being invisible, but it's pretty much the last spell I have, and I'm not about to turn it off. Still a few minutes left on it, I think."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Hey - too many of those walking corpses to smell the fish. OK. So which way should we go Kaltide. Are there any doors on this circular corridor? Any sign of Richard? Should we continue on a bit, or just get out of here?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid starts sniffing the air... "Death... not good. If only I was within reach of the Inquisition, we could have this place thoroughly investigated..."

"Kaltide, do you think perhaps Richard knew of a secret door somewhere in here?"

MerakSpielman

First Post
(Sorry about that! Real life and all that nonsense)

You see a quick and crude map being sketched by an invisible finger in the dirt on the floor. Kaltide's voice narrates.

1: This is where we are. You killed all three of those wierd undead-construct things. This is the only entrance and exit I've seen to this complex."

2: "At the end of that hall, maybe forty feet or so, is a chamber stuffed with 2 ghasts and 6 ghouls. When I saw them they were feeding on the body of a human."

3: "This side passage leads to a room filled with crates and barrels. There were 6 orcs there. I ran past them and they didn't seem to notice me."

4: "This room wasn't too interesting, except for a hide-covered passage to the southeast."

5: "The hide-covered passage opened onto a room filled with three chests, some barrels, and a bunch of glowing fungus."

6: "This nasty room was covered with blood and gore. There were three more of those things." Kaltide seems to be referring to the things you've just slain. "I had a choice here, so I went east. I don't know what is to the northwest. Probably Richard, since I didn't find him.

7: "This is a sort of side-chamber. There were four cages along the north wall, three of which held wreched-looking human prisoners. I poked my head though the hide-covering to the northeast..."

8: "...and saw some sort of strange table, upon which was a restrained man - perhaps from the one empty cage in the other room. There was a dark-robed cultist-looking man in the room, sitting at a desk reading a book. He had a nasty look about him."

9: "This place smelled of decay. Mushrooms everywhere. There were bones arranged in patterns. Again, I was thinking of Richard, and didn't spend time investigating."

10: "Four more cages here, with four more human prisoners. There were also three dark-robed, cultist-looking people guarding them. I slipped past."

11: "Some sort of barracks. Lots of beds and footlocker-chests. There was a pool or well in the center of the room with some pale fish swimming around. Nobody was there when I went through."

"So I left to the west, and here I am, and here you are. I really want to get Richard, and he must have gone to the northwest where I didn't explore. But I think there might be more important tasks to worry about, for instance, freeing those prisoners. I loathe to contemplate what those cultist-types are planning on doing to them."

Attachments

• kaltide's map.JPG
    kaltide's map.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 59

MerakSpielman

First Post
"And I'd like to remind you again that I'm pretty much out of spells. If we continue from here, I'll be next to useless should fighting break... er... I mean... continue to break out."

Capellan

Explorer
"If we're going to persist with this foolishness, then let's go this way -" Cattivo points to the room Kaltide spoke of last, "It's empty, and from there we can go to the room with the four prisoners and guards. Maybe we can take the guards by surprise, free the people there, and have them help us."

He indicates the mushroom-filled room,

"It also helps that it sounds like the next room on is also empty, which means we might be able to take these people without anyone hearing us. Of course, by now Richard is probably alerting everyone, and we'll end up dying in this disgusting, dirty hole."

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"I agree with Helfy. I'm not inclined to hang around too long, but it seems we still retain a vestage of surprise, & we can't just leave those prisoners to their fate, which is probably to become those uglies we just slew. Let's head south. I'll go first, and try to get the jump on the three cultists guarding the prisoners. You loud clanky guys follow, but not too close. Just come running when you hear me shout." Reinert sheaths his blade & readies his bow before heading south, as silently as possible.

Creamsteak

Explorer
(Checking my inventory: I used a detect magic on the invisible opponent in the clearing, but otherwise I'm still full on slots. Is that right? And I don't believe I've used any turning attempts, is that right? And I'm at 9 hit points.)

Remaining Spells: 0th -- Detect Magic, Guidance x2. 1st -- Comprehend Languages, Detect Evil, Detect Undead, Inflict Light Wounds. 2nd -- Enthrall, Heat Metal, Zone of Truth.

"If only I 'ad prepared my shielding spell, I could suffer your pains for you if you were hit. As I don't have that at my disposal, I'm not much more than a healer and a man with divine senses. I can offer you a little protection though..."

Cid pulls out his scrolls and sorts through to the one he scribed to shield others.

"This will last for 1 minute once cast. Tell me when to use it." Cid then pulls out two other scrolls. "Should you need a weapon enchanted, I'll keep these two on hand for just such a purpose."

Cid then casts cure light wounds (spontaneously, burning up Inflict Light Wounds, on himself). [dice] 1d8+3

Remove ads