Empire Of the River God IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"We of the Dragon clan are always prepared to answer the call of destiny," Zokiro says with a bow. When the are dismissed, she will have her maid assist her in armoring her, while her servant brings the horses around. When that is done, she will be ready to leave.

Ghostknight

First Post
Dinner is served and eaten in silence, surreptitious glances passed your way from the monks eating at the tables below.

In your rooms that night sleep is not easy. Your dreams are disturbed by images of violence, images of rape and torture as oni escape the Shadowlands and enter the Empire, but these images are replaced by the peaceful visage of the old man but his visage is scarred and as he fades you see a new cut open on his forehead and a thin rivulet of blood run down. As you wake up you hear words brought to you on the wind

"Hurry"
****​

As you gather in the morning, the Head abbot brings you the arrow which will act as your guide. He bows

"If you wish, you may leave any possessions or servants here to await your return. During the night I prayed to the Kami, begging them to follow your steps and guide you in wisdom. The Master is still quiet to me, yet it seems he reahed out last night, yet I do not know to whom."

He bows his head.

"Go and save us all."

Someone

Adventurer
"The last link in the chain is not the chain." says Shokai. "Though someone could see it as the only that hold the weight. We thank you again for your help before we depart. We must make haste." Shokay stands and looks at the others, ready to follow them.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Amanu Vanar Shaman

"If it is the vision I recieved last night, you are blessed not to have recieved it.

Amanu readies his supplies and is ready to leave.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Zokiro mounts up, bringing her two servants along. Their own mounts traveled swiftly enough, and she was not inclined to set up her own tent at night. Her heaven lotus phoenix tail was at the ready, and she prepared herself for the inevitiable confrontation.*

Ghostknight

First Post
The arrow is released and floats above you. It gently pulsates and points the way forward, straight into a rock wall- evidently the arrow may point in the direction you need to go, but is not too intelligent about it!

Your caravan moves off. The road winding out, heading down through a gorge between two massive cliffs. The walls on either side are massive, wind scarred and water eroded. No plants grow and no animals can be seen- evidently the monastery is on a msaaive plateau and this is the other reality not seen from you room's windows.

At the bottom of the gorge the path is still there, but unclear and covered with bits of wind blown debris and the occasional fallen rock. The arrow still points into the wall of the gorge, the path running counter to the direction shown.

[OOC: Sorry it took me so long to get back, I got swamped after GenCon because I started a new job this past Monday. :)]

Sakura, quiet for much of the time she had been in the company of the others, and thinking upon the vision received, leans out of the window of her conveyance to see why they had stopped. Looking at the arrow and path, she shrugs. "We will have to find a way around - to the top of that side of the gorge."

Remove ads