• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empire of the River God OOC

Karl Green

First Post
Thanks! OK spent money, and did up basic background. Please take a look. Also I was unsure about how we were doing Hit Points so I took Max at first adn 1/2 each level after that (for the BIG 30 ;))

rangerjohn

Explorer
Karl Green said:
Thanks! OK spent money, and did up basic background. Please take a look. Also I was unsure about how we were doing Hit Points so I took Max at first adn 1/2 each level after that (for the BIG 30 ;))

Looks good, exept, the masterwork shortsword would be a wakizashi, and you do realize that the cloak and eagle's splendor's potions won't stack right?

Karl Green

First Post
hehe yep I don't know how to spell it so I put down sword... and yep know about the cloak and poiton not stacking, just took it for 'emergency' BUT after I thought about it I think I will go with Bear's Endurance. That would better help H.P. etc

Ghostknight

First Post
Sorry about the missing details - yep HP is max at first, half thereafter. Starting gold is 19,000 gp as per DMG and IC thread will be up before the end of the day!

Ghostknight

First Post
Karl- everything loks ok, but you have 10 extra skill points (16 from first level, +24 from other levels = 40). I did give the go ahead for an extra 11 skill points per character but it was limited in which skills it could be used (Diplomacy is Ok, but then you still have another 3 points for the others which were Craft (non-artisan for nobles), Knowledge(Religion/Civilised Behavior/Geography), Perform or similar skills. Oh, ad loose two points from other skills.

Last edited:

Ghostknight said:
I don't have it, but I will check if one of the local shops still has a copy (how old is it? If it is the latest then it probably hasn't hit our shores yet- we are three months behind due to the international shipping and customs etc).

*sorry it took me so long to get back to you*
It is the April 2004 issue. There are not only 3.5 conversions, but new feats and a Ninja core class.

The feat I wanted is below. :)

Audacious Attempt
You are descended from the famous Scorpion Daimyo Bayushi Tangen, author of Lies and Little Truths. You share that ancestor's incredible audacity.
Clan: Scorpion
Benefit: Once per encounter, when you are attempting a nearly impossible task (any task at which you need to roll a 20 on 1d20 to succeed), you may roll two dice instead of one, taking the better result. You can use this ability when you choose, whether you are making an attack roll, saving throw, skill or ability check, level check, or any other d20 roll that you make, as long as you can succeed on that particular check only by rolling a 20 on the die.

This feat replaces "Soul of Sincerity" from the Oriental Adventures handbook.

Ghostknight

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
*sorry it took me so long to get back to you*
It is the April 2004 issue. There are not only 3.5 conversions, but new feats and a Ninja core class.

The feat I wanted is below. :)

Audacious Attempt
You are descended from the famous Scorpion Daimyo Bayushi Tangen, author of Lies and Little Truths. You share that ancestor's incredible audacity.
Clan: Scorpion
Benefit: Once per encounter, when you are attempting a nearly impossible task (any task at which you need to roll a 20 on 1d20 to succeed), you may roll two dice instead of one, taking the better result. You can use this ability when you choose, whether you are making an attack roll, saving throw, skill or ability check, level check, or any other d20 roll that you make, as long as you can succeed on that particular check only by rolling a 20 on the die.

This feat replaces "Soul of Sincerity" from the Oriental Adventures handbook.

Fine by me- so essentially a 10% success chance instead of a 5% one!

Kinda reminds me of Discworld - anything that has an one in a million chance of happening will occur nine times out of ten!

Remove ads